Do the new tablets have a stronger wifi than ipad?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by estnet, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im getting really tired of the iPad dropping connection when none of my other netbooks, etc. Have a problem. So do the new android ones have a better/stronger receiver?

2. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I haven't really had this problem with my latest ipad 2, or the previous ipad 1. That said there were some which had worse performance than others. you might try returning it for a new one?

3. Original Member
    Original Member

Original Member Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the HP Slate 500 and am super-happy with it. The wifi is on par with any PC-based notbook I've had. Handwriting recognition is OK, and it does learn a little. I tether it to my iPhone to get cell service on it.

It is nice to be able to do Powerpoint presentations and just be able to plug the slate in... and not have to convert it to some other file for the iPad. The only real negatives are: lower battery life and no app store to buy fun time-killers for flights.

4. The sensitivity rating of the radio will tell you the most about the ability of the device to connect to a weak signal. The antenna gain is next, but most of these devices have such low gain as to make a comparison pointless.