Do Star Alliance Flights Earn Segments Towards Status?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ChrisUNC, Aug 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on my current travel plans through the end of the year, it looks like I'm going to be a few 'segments' shorts from holding on to my Chairman status. I've found a few good cheap runs on United that can help fill the gap.

Can anyone confirm if flying on *A partners (e.g. United) will earn "segments" that count towards preferred status? All references on USAirways.com explicitly mention the earning of preferred miles on *A partners, but don't mention anything about preferred segments on *A partners.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm. I read through the info from that link, but it still doesn't answer my question (unless I totally missed it and need it spelled out for me).

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    The chart at that link includes premier qualifying segment notations.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:

My mother was right--I really do need to work on my communication skills. My apologies for the confusion. I will attempt to clarify below...

The chart provides information for MileagePlus members earning Premier MileagePlus miles/segments on US Airways operated flights. What I'm trying to get confirmation on is the reverse -- information for Dividend Miles members earning Preferred Dividend miles/segments on flights operated by United. The US Airways website references the earning of "miles", but fails to mention anything about "segments".

jbcarioca likes this.