Do point tracker programs really work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by sobore, Dec 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.nasdaq.com/article/do-point-tracker-programs-really-work-cm200427

Whenever possible, we pay with credit and then pay off the balance each month to earn more rewards. I love seeing how many points and miles I've earned when I open my statement each month. But as much of a thrill as I get from getting the points, I have forgotten to cash out countless rewards points over the years and misplaced my rewards numbers for all of my loyalty programs more times than I am going to admit. So when I heard about UsingMiles.com, a website that helps manage, use and earn even more rewards points from a variety of loyalty programs including rewards credit cards, I was intrigued.

Managing credit card rewards points and more
    Before signing up, I gave Krista Paul, founder and vice president of marketing for UsingMiles.com , a call to learn more about the website. Speaking to me from Denver, Colo., Krista told me a few years ago, she went to redeem her frequent flier miles, and learned that over 26,000 miles had expired and she was unable to get them back without paying a hefty fee. "I was so mad about the airline miles and then realized that I had probably lost hotel points in the past that I didn't even know about," says Paul. To keep the same fate from happening to others, she started the website and included the feature that sends an email to users when points are about to expire.

Read More: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/do-point-tracker-programs-really-work-cm200427

uggboy likes this.
  2. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure they're pretty accurate. Her story is also why I occasionally log in to each program to verify what the points tracker says. Thus far, AwardWallet has been accurate with no issues.

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use Awardwallet primarily although several of the others seem good. Just had to pick one as the primary. I hate that the airlines are making is hard on the consumers that use these sites.