Do online reservations reflect suite upgrades?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Pat+, Feb 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Pat+
    Original Member

Pat+ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if this is a FAQ (but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQ :))

Do online reservations ever reflect suite upgrades confirmed with Diamond upgrade certificates? I've just upgraded a couple of reservations, and while the certs were deducted, all reservations still show "king bed" with no visible trace of an upgrade. It seems to be a bit of a leap of faith... am I missing anything? Anyway to check that a confirmed upgrade is indeed, confirmed, short of calling?

2. mmgm

mmgm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, this is often the case. Sometimes if you login to GP and check reservations there the upgrade will appear.
    If not I suggest asking GP to email you the confirmation to prevent problems at checkin.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have one right now to look at it, but I believe there's a "Room" or "Rate" details link when you look at the reservation online that should show the upgrade. At least it did the two or so times I tried it.

4. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every once in awhile I'll see a note indicating the upgrade but not all the time. If you get an updated confirmation email that's usually a good sign that the upgrade went through.

5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always in my case, after confirming the Suite Upgrade, I will receive a confirmation email reflecting the change in the room type to a suite in the 'room(s) booked' field. But I don't think the change will be relected in the online reservations page.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    My upcoming suite upgrade is not showing up under my reservation. However, it was confirmed by Diamond line CSR and an official representative from Hyatt on TOBB,

8. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think there is more than 1 way to confirm the suite upgrade using the Diamond Confirmed Suite Upgrade Cert - and the way that it is done affects whether or not you can "see" it on your confirmation online - FWIW my Private Line Agent confirms virtually all of these for me and I can rarely see it online. I've never had any problem with at check-in except at the GH Denver during SMD3 but that was because it was a "complex" reservation with my partner listed as sharing my room - and apparently the room listing that was run by the hotel for room allocation had his name listed and not mine and the suite upgrade was not reflected.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    For my most recent confirmed suite upgrade, my private line agent called the hotel while I was on hold and then came back and told me that everything was OK. Then she sent me an email confirmation that clearly shows the suite upgrade. By contrast, on some of my previous uses of this benefit, I could not see any indication that I had the suite upgrade, even thought different Diamond agents said that they could see it. (I didn't have any problems at check in except that in two cases, a low floor had been preassigned and could not be changed.)

10. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've only had it appear one time (GH Singapore) and not any other time. But it's never not worked out for me :)

TAHKUCT likes this.
  11. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    For my reservation at PH Buenos Aires it was also showing up online, but not for PH DC.

12. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even if it appears on the reservation, often times it only says: "DIAMOND STE UPGRADE CONFIRMED" as opposed to stating the exact type of suite I was upgraded to.