Do One-Day Admiral's Club Passes Require AA/US Ticket/BP?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Oct 31, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have an upcoming trip from SFO on VX, and would like to use one of my Citi-provided one-day Admiral's Club passes to spend a few hours working from the club. The back of the pass says in tiny, tiny print that a same-day ticket is required, but it doesn't specify that it needs to be on AA (or US).

Will I be able to access the club with a one-day pass and a VX boarding pass? (don't really want to go down the road of a refundable AA booking)

Sammich and Newscience like this.
  2. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    You need an AA boarding pass unfortunately

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. That's too bad.

4. AAdam_flyer

AAdam_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, you do not need to be flying American or US Airways.

"One-day pass visitor must hold a same-day ticket for airline travel that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals Club location." Admirals Club T&C

So as long as you can somehow get to the AC, you will be allowed in with your one-day pass. When I did not have annual AC membership I would use the AC while flying DL.

Other requirements:
    -One-Day Pass is valid up to 365 days from date of purchase
    -Visitors must be 18 or older in order to purchase and/or use a One-Day Pass
    -Up to 3 children under the age of 18 years of age may be admitted at no additional charge with adult One-Day Pass visitor
    -Purchaser is not required to be a visitor
    -Purchaser will receive printable One-Day Pass(es) for each visitor via email

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I will give it a try. If they deny me entry, I will claim that the font is to small on the back of the little card I got from Citi and threaten to sue US, AA, Citi and the door "dragon" for violations the AAmerican's with DisAAbilities AAct. :)

6. AAdam_flyer

AAdam_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If they deny you access, I would pay using your Citi card and then dispute it. They will more than likely refund you the fee. Citi has been amazing with that sort of stuff.

7. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you don't.

I used a one-day admiral club pass with an AS BP before at EWR. I explicitly asked them if they would take my CX Gold at that time for access instead of using the day-pass but since I wasn't flying with OW it was a no deal.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points: