Do Multiple Reservations or Reward Stay/Nights Count to Elite Status or bonus?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Jason, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm starting to put pen to paper on my upcoming Hilton stay and am trying to understand where I'll end up for elite status as well as the recent Visa Infinite 40,000 point bonus.

First of all, reward stays. I had thought I had read in one of the blogs that reward nights/stays count towards elite status (which was a reason that SPG was following suit). However I though by reading the fine print on hhonors.com that they don't count. Does anyone know for sure? In addition, even if they do or don't count for elite status, do you think they'd count as a stay for the Visa Infinite "Stay 4 times by 5/31 and get 40,000 bonus points"?

Secondly, I booked a week at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Hawaii for my wife and I and my parents. My understanding is I'll get base points credit for both rooms, but only singular credit for the stay and nights. Also, probably single credit for the airline miles. How about elite bonus? I didn't see it mentioned. Single or Double Bonus.

To add complexity, my wife and I are taking 2 days off in the middle of the week to go to Maui. I'd like to make sure we get 3 stay credits (Hawaiian Village, then Maui, then Hawaiian Village). Any bets as to whether it will all show up correctly, or in my favor?

2. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. Award stays count toward the night/stay count - but you will not get any points on them of course (apart from rare cases which I had been credited the amount the Hilton corporate pays for those room - do not expect that to happen). I have no idea if the counts for promos like Visa one, though I would suspect they are not.

2. You can get the points (including the bonus) for up to two room. Just make sure they are on the same folio. In my experience, some hotels have problem doing it correctly. You will get only one night/stay credit, as well as only one airline credit.

3. It is not clear whether you actually check out from the Hawaiian Village. If you do, then there will not be a problem and you'll get 3 stays credit. If you do not check out, you will not get credit twice (you can get credited only one time for a physical night). Although you might get lucky, I would not count on it.

3. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. My wire and I do check out of the Hawaiian Village, although my parents will continue to stay there while we're in Maui. It sounds like we'll be good overall, although we may need to have another non-award stay to get the Visa bonus. Thanks again!

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct, except that you will also get points for eligible folio items (e.g., you have dinner on the property and charge it to your room).

The reason you get night/stay credit for only one room is that the stays in the two rooms are running concurrently. To award stay/night credits for the two room would make it seem like the stays in the two rooms were consecutive.

You will get elite bonus points for each room -- all HH points are doubled (assuming rooms of identical values), the night/stay credits are not.

There is no problem here. You will get credit for three stays (HHV-Maui-HHV), provided that you check out of HHV during those two days that you are in Maui. The three stays count independently.