Do I really have to reconfirm?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Dovster, May 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a reservation MXP-MUC-PRG for June which I bought through Expedia. It is a Lufthansa itinerary but the first leg is on Air Dolomiti and the second on Lufthansa Cityline.

The confirmation from Expedia says "Please reconfirm your international flight reservation at least 72 hours prior to departure by contacting the airline directly."

It also notes: "Your airport check-in is with Air Dolomiti".

First question: Do I really have to reconfirm? Most airlines stopped requiring this years ago.

Second question: If so, do I reconfirm with Lufthansa or Air Dolomiti?

savydog, jbcarioca and Chimpy like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Expedia uses generic language here rather than carrier-specific language. No you do not need to reconfirm with LH or with their regional carriers.

jbcarioca, Chimpy and Dovster like this.
  3. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, gleff.

jbcarioca and Chimpy like this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree. No reconfirm is needed

jbcarioca and Chimpy like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have a good trip Dov. As everyone says there is no confirmation anymore. Why Expedia does not change their language is another issue.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  6. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    For years I have been buying tickets from expedia and travelocity and they will always use the same text. Never have I had to reconfirm flights in the past 8 years or so now. If you are still skeptical, a phone call won't harm in reconfirming, although I highly doubt you will need to do that. If your first leg is Air Dolomiti then you might want to check with them, not Lufthansa. MXP - MUC - PRG will hardly give you trouble!

7. cph_flyer
    Original Member

cph_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think what they imply by writing "reconfirming your flight " is , that its your own responsibility to check up on any schedule changes to your flight. You might have bought your ticket months ago and in the meantime they could have made changes to the departure time causing you to lose your flight if you are unaware of them.

8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    As all have said- no need to reconfirm with LH group flights. One suggestion-if you visit the lufthansa.com portal- you can check your booking with the PNR (booking code) and last name- this way you will be able to see if there are changes to your flight reservations.