Do I have to close them down?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by michael21, Mar 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    See people here saying cards like Hilton from citi is churnable that I can get it every 90 days. What does that mean? Without closing the card I can apply on jan 1 then again on April 1 and then July 1 and keep signing up as new card member? Do I have to close the previous cards?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have alwasy closed mine proir to applying for the next one. I do not know if you must close down the card, just that i have alwasy closed the card prior to reapplying, if anyone has left the card open and tryed to reapply please let us know how it went. most of these stratigies are not from anyone getting a hold of citi's policy and reading it it is from trial and error of the members on this and other sites

FlyingBear, harvson3 and Gargoyle like this.
  3. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm surprised there isn't more input.

4. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:

In case you didn't notice, there is a Credit Card Programs Section on MP for non general mile/point discussion threads:

http://milepoint.com/forums/categories/credit-card-programs.18/

Here's the direct link to Other Credit Card Programs Forum, where you will find many threads on churning.

If you like, you can of course still use Newbies Forum, where threads are much less "territorial."
    :)

Didn't you just start a thread on a very similar, if not identical, topic in this wrong forum less than a week ago?

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/the-art-of-churning.31405/

5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    3 hours and 1 minute between your posts on a Monday on a topic that's covered elsewhere in this and other forums. I think there is plenty of input to find.

harvson3 likes this.