Do I contact BOA about not getting sign on bonus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by ckgunn01, Sep 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ckgunn01

ckgunn01 Active Member

Status Points:
    A little background, i applied for the Virgin Atlantic 75k offer. This is my 3rd of these cards, but first for this offer. I was immediately approved, but today the details arrived showing 20k with 1st purchase. I still have my 2nd card open (May be the problem). On my 2nd card, i didnt get the additional 30k at the time either, but after 2 secure messages, they honored it. Should I push my luck and try to get them to honor it, or just chalk it up to a loss and take my 20k points and cancel? I didnt put any spend on either of the first two beyond sign up bonus spend.

2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I looked up the offer online and it shows

Receive up to 75,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles when you sign up for the Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard® credit card from Bank of America. Sign up bonus is broken down as follows:
    • 20,000 miles after first purchase
    • 50,000 miles after you spend $12,000 or more within six months of account opening
    • 2,500 miles when you add an authorized user (up to a maximum of two, or a total of 5,000 miles)
    so.. This offer shows you don't get the other 50k until $12K spend in 6 months. If this is the offer you signed up for that's why you only got $20K maybe?

I apologize if this doesn't get to your question, but I'm reading your question as surprised to only receive $20K for the first purchase.

3. ckgunn01

ckgunn01 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the response. To clarify the paperwork I received clearly states that I won't get ANY bonus for additional spend. I can get the 5k for auth users however. I know I used correct link, I'm assuming since I have an open card, it defaulted to std offer.

4. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    In that case I would defintely try calling them and see if it is just a problem with the paperwork or if they did not give you the full offer. It can't hurt to ask!

5. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, I would also give it a shot...no harm in asking.