Do Hotels Have A Duty To Communicate Tragedies?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I get a lot of interesting questions on the "Ask Lucky" page of the blog. Many of them I don't have an answer to, unfortunately, and I'm fine saying "sorry, I don't know." Once in a while I get a question where I'm just truly stumped, though. A reader just asked me the following question, which falls in that category: "Lucky, my wife and I are three months into a year-long trip around the world. We’ve mixed up our stays between hotels and homestays via AirBnB. As someone that is also living on the road, I want your opinion on a recent tragic event witnessed at a hotel in Vietnam. A small child drowned in a hotel pool. We watched as a guest and a hotel staff member attempted to resuscitate the child. An ambulance arrived after several minutes and took the child for further care at a local hospital. Needless to say, my wife and I were completely shocked and traumatized. The imagery from this event not only clouded the rest of our stay, but will remain with us for a long time." The post Do Hotels Have A Duty To Communicate Tragedies? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...