Do Dragonair has Y-up

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by TRYING2BPLAT, Mar 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a hkg pvg on dragonair on Y code, can I request a Y-up?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a Y ticket on a flight from CSX to HKG that was marketed by CX but Operated by DragonAir. I had a large suitcase that was quite heavy and was going to cost me quite a bit to check, so I asked if I could upgrade to F to avoid the baggage fee.They said that I sure could. The difference between the baggage fee and the Y->F upgrade was just US$30 so I went for it. After we took off, the F cabin for this flight, like for most intra-Asia flights on which I flew in a premium cabin, was almost empty. So, I believe that the answer to your question is 'yes'.

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or this may be the difference between a full Y fare and a discounted F fare- I have found a few great deals this way especially ex-PEK and ex-HKG.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the non-refundable Y ticket from an outfit called 'CheapOair.com', which says it all...this was no full fare Y ticket:). On the other hand, the F fare might have been greatly discounted, considering that the cabin was practically empty when we took off.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of tickets not purchased in China are still B or Y class whether you buy them from cheap tickets, cheap o air or otherwise. If you are flying within China and want the real CheapOair tickets get your office (local) there to buy them (cash) from a local travel agent. You will be very surprised at the fares I suspect. Or keep buying from CheapOair as then it is very cheap to upfare at the ticket counter ;) Your local office just needs a photocopy of your passport photo and visa pages and they can do everything else for you I suspect- the savings are very significant.