Do BA Rep's normally put you on old while researching your availability?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by joesmoe, Nov 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems that everytime I call ba (and they are the only airline i've experienced this with), they quickly ask my information then put me on an extremely long hold to check availability.

Is this common or is my account notated?

2. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't really know as I'm on hold right now and haven't even spoken to anyone yet....

joesmoe likes this.
  3. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I mean after reaching an agent. Normally (with other airlines) i can hear them tapping away, etc while they look. With BA 3 or 4 times i've called they have put me on like a 10 minute hold while they looked, then came back with nothing :p

Doesn't look like i'm going to be able to get to MPN from anywhere in south america in all of feb nor march.

4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been put on hold during previous discussions with BA. They may go and check something with their supervisor. If you are trying to do something complex it could take a while.

YULtide and joesmoe like this.
  5. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well - live update here. They just put me on holde after taking the flight request information.

joesmoe likes this.
  6. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does your itenary have anytihng todo with IPC?

The last rep also made a comment to me asking why everyone was booking things to easter island the past couple days, she said the person next to her was also working on a trip to IPC.

The FT effect uh oh

7. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    nope, i/m headed to kul via hkg.

joesmoe likes this.
  8. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    i was just in KUL, if you look far enough in advance, you can get a rate of around $84 USD/night for the JW Marriott, which has a great location, is a very nice property, and for that price can't be beat.

As a plat they even upgraded me to a beautiful room.

9. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've just been told by 2 different agents the exact same sentence, which went along the lines of

"due to a large influx in bookings in south america, lan is pulling alot of its space"

Not sure if that means that its being sold out or lan is making it no longer available, but i was just told that twice in the past half hour by 2 different agents (and i only gave one of them my ff # the other didn't ask).

10. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    yeah, the rep just said he had more bookings to IPC in the last few months than he's ever had. Still plenty of space according to him.

joesmoe likes this.
  11. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its going to be all FT/MiPo crowd.

I'm not waiting any longer to book mine, i can't find anyplace better to go than IPC - EZE (with a stop in LIM iirc) so that's what i'm booking.

Everything else was unavailable. So i guess that's going to be the best bang for the buck.

12. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    We need a counter somewhere that shows how many MiPo members are actively on the phone with BA at the moment...lol I bet at least 5 of us have been on the phone with ba in the past 30 minutes.

13. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried for JFK-SCL-EZE and back, but no availability. I guess I'll "settle" for CX F :)

Toula, joesmoe and NYBanker like this.
  14. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Toughie... ;)

joesmoe likes this.
  15. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welp one less now :p

Just booked IPC-LIM-EZE

16. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Total amount debited from card
    $ 75.74

Total miles debited from account

17. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably everyone in the know trying to get their LAN J award in before BA changes their award chart.

18. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    How long were people on the phone? I need to call tomorrow and hope it's not too long. End itin is going to be NYC-LIM-(CUZ separately)-IPC-SCL-NYC. In Y so I assume availability is better.

joesmoe likes this.
  19. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahhh crap. I booked my inbound flight a month back but I don't know my schedule so was waiting to book my return. Hopefully there's something from SCL, or maybe EZE if I can get there.

Although since I don't need any stopovers, I could just use my AA miles and book a LAX-JFK in F or J that I'll probably need anyway with the stopover.

Saving my BA miles for an intra-Asia trip on CX F. One of the few CX redemptions that can only go down after 11/15.

joesmoe likes this.
  20. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I live down here and can't get any LAN availability to suit our travel needs......despite being a BAEC member for years and flying with them for over 40. :rolleyes:

The sooner you lot with the Chase miles clear off so things can get back to normal the better. :p

Globaliser and joesmoe like this.
  21. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now their lines are overwhelmed. THe telephone company is telling me the number is invalid. Will keep trying. Same number i've used a hundred times before.

22. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had the same issue yesterday when I called. I had to call half a dozen times to even get connected. Wait time turned out to only be 20 minutes or so but I was on with the CSR for close to an hour and I had a prior change they had made incorrectly that needed to be fixed.

I think kudos have to be given to the call centre staff as every time I have called during the past few weeks they have been nothing but professional and positive. They don't have an easy job, they are likely under pressure to answer X amount of calls or they would get marked down, they tell customers no it's not possible then being told they are wrong even after they have checked with their supervisor. Then when they try to charge as per what their computer is telling them everyone wants to argue about that. I have found them to be a helpful, friendly group to deal with on all occasions.

YULtide and joesmoe like this.
  23. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA agents are useless IMO when you are over the phone. i find one in 8 actually puts the effort in. even if ba.com sees it, you literally have to INSIST the agent check the flight numbers. sometimes it is easier to just hang up, try again than have some useless sole screw up your booking.

joesmoe and JALPak like this.
  24. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Goddam fish. No use at booking redemptions.

Globaliser and joesmoe like this.
  25. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    sorry, when some BA agent just changes a segment on your ticket because of a sched change instead of re-issue and then you show up for the changed leg of your ticket and the CX agent says...computer says no, you are not on this flight...only when you give the CX locator, you thankfully obtained from a source other than BA directly (the old version of the checkmytravel or whatever it is again) do you get on the flight...then to have them do the same thing 6 months later...my faith is limited. again, literally 1 in 8 is helpful...but i am sure some of you book way more redemptions that some NA gripper like me...perhaps it is just the agents in JAX for BA but trying to have the simplest thing done takes several calls.

joesmoe likes this.