DLCorpGirl in the revolving chair... and the RealDL

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Sep 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Facing the wrath of the DL loyalists....muahaha!
    To her, some kudos. She is wo-manning up as best as possible under the Jeffster's regime. Her fresh social media "face" will last...oh, until the next unannounced change from DL SM. Next week. Nothing personal, DLCorpGirl, but that's a hot seat you've got.
    She states:
    Update from Delta 2

We’ve identified the issue and many of you were right – we had some incorrect coding as it related to the recent changes to MQM earnings for unpublished fares. We’re working to put a fix in now and hope to have the issue resolved later today.
    [To make this disappear for now...but we've tested it, and we know it works. Now, when we flip the switch for EOS, we're golden! Jeff is happy!]
    You can book now or book later – once the fix is made the correct number will be reflected in your account.
    [Will this really prevent a torrent of @DLAssist tweets and calls to DL SMS as the earnings in fact aren't adjusted quite so easily?]

Worth answering a few other questions we’ve seen here today:

- As I mentioned, this is related to unpublished fares. Nothing else.

[No. Not...quite...yet...]

- Jeff30189: I love cookies – and can be bribed.

[How about 10.000 SM? Does that incentivize you?]
    - JDErickson: No compensation, but nice try. Can’t hurt to ask, right?
    - mbwmbw: Picture here.
    [OK. But she's too thin.... and, hey, red was the color of the-airline-that-cannot-be-named]
    - avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance.
    [What nonsense! My goodness, UA communicate their award chart changes months in advance. Even KL are better. How on earth do you think that serious frequent flyers will believe this?]
    However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.

----------
    Hmmmm.... you can't "resolve" the SM issues...they are structural. I get that we all have to dance to the tune of the paymaster to some extent, but we're laughing at this.
    BTW, I haven't been unable to unload my DL stock because it's tanked. I need ELEVEN POINT FIVE, Rick, Jeff, come along now... give it to the DM "Gamers" and boost the value! Or I'm coming to the AGM to demand an accounting, and I'll provide bubbashow a platform for his vision of SM reform in front of stockholders and demand to know why it's not happening.
    Jeff: appoint me as a DL SM Social Media Ambassador and I'll take care of the whiners and gamers on FT. They won't complain that DL doesn't mean what it says any more.
    Here's my release:
    -------------------
    "Dear DL Medallions, it's true we goofed. Our IT department prematurely connected the forthcoming SM 13 fare earnings table to our online vending portal at Delta.com. You can expect this massive revision, popularly termed "Enhancement of Skymiles" or "EOS" to be rolled out within six months. Fare earnings will range from 0.25 MQM per flight mile, to 1.5 MQM per flight mile depending on fare class. We will also eliminate minimum MQM for segments shorter than 500 miles for all customers.
    Some of you have expected these modifications. There are two reasons that we feel it necessary to implement them.
    First we have exceeded our target numbers for the Medallion rank thresholds by 30%. This rank inflation has degraded our ability to provide recognitions such as Medallion upgrades and SkyClub access. In order to provide benefits that correspond more directly to your custom, we are changing the qualifying structure. All Medallions will benefit from what FT member bubbashow calls the thinning of the herd.
    Second, current SM benefits are not proportional to the cost incurred. This situation exists industry-wide with all Frequent Flyer Programs (but, WTF, how does UA provide such real value? I need F to PPT, so use my UA miles to book for me, willya) and we must recognize this reality. We will realign the award charts to reflect this reality.
    Delta is aware that customers prefer to be notified of these events in advance. In the spirit of mutual respect between SkyMiles management and members, even with bad news, we have done so. For example, it is more than two years since DL.COM first displayed redemption results such as 635k SM from PHL to FCO, not all of which was in J. This will be the new norm for transatlantic redemptions. Tough cookies, oops cut that last one.
    Thanks for your business, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard our best in class airline again in the near future.
    RTS
    Social Media Ambassador
    TheRealDL"
    --------------

DiverDave likes this.
  2. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice post, except ROB/J and AND/R are blazing the trail that SMI/J will follow.

There will be the big two airlines and then there will be Dougie Parker with his three airlines (American, America West, and US Air) pretending to be one airline.

Gonna be interesting.

David

The Boat likes this.
  3. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    can somebody translate the above gibberish for me?

TravelBear and Delta Points like this.
  4. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    And from what I can tell with Dougie is that original USAirways crews are still fragmented along whether they were PHL, DCA, BWI, PIT based... the fun never stops at US! :D

BTW, you are also missing KEL/G

DiverDave and mersk862 like this.
  5. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point, though he is busily trying to compete with Spirit by stuffing in more seats with less recline. :cool:

David

mersk862, The Boat and ryandc99 like this.
  6. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    Along with paying $100m to retrofit 717s and give them to DL; only to be then used on routes in direct competition with WN.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

DiverDave and mersk862 like this.