DL Transcons Super Expensive?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by brfort, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. brfort
    Original Member

brfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, making the switch the milepoint for the first time, I really like the interface.

I have been pricing Transcons for the spring months from WAS and BOS to SFO/OAK/SJC and have noticed that DL's fares are on average 200 dollars more than the other legacies. What gives? I know that fares have gone up across the board but does anyone have an insight into why DL has raised these fares so much? Have noticed the same thing to most west coast cities except for SEA for obvious reasons.

Gargoyle and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    For me DL fares are no different, but prices are up since the oil started to go through the roof.

ryandc99 likes this.
  3. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes you can still get good prices depending when you are going and the time of day

Also are you talking about not finding low fare class such as T or U or you have those but the price of a T or U fare is more?

4. brfort
    Original Member

brfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes it is strange, I am only getting H fares or above when I search DL.com any clue as to why that is?

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you looking around the time of a special event or a particularly high travel time? If so, DL could have blocked out the sLUT fares. Or you could be trying to purchase a ticket too early.

It can be helpful to click on the seat map to get an (imperfect) impression of whether the flights are already pretty full.

Also, look at connections, which can sometimes be much cheaper.

6. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed the same as many SFO- Ohio fares have went up as much as $100 based on my previous advanced purchase of these fares, and I assume this is because of gas prices.

7. Denolloyd

Denolloyd Active Member

Status Points:
    Transcon fares have been up and down for years. As high as they may seem now, there more than likely will be a "fare sale" at some point. I'd bet on it.

8. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just keep checking delta.com and look for T fares!

Skyvillager and ryandc99 like this.