DL Skymiles to Seychelles

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by jetsetboy, Apr 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone had any success in booking either JFK or IAD to SEZ using DL Skymiles? I'm trying to include a stop in Dubai on the way. There are several options for that segment, but to get to SEZ it seems the only option is Kenya Air. Kenya Air is not bookable on DL's website so I have to call DL, and the agents say there are no seats open on Kenya Air. I know I can keep calling back to see if anything opens up, but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on getting to SEZ using the Skyteam network. It appears that it's not nearly as easy as it used to be.

LAXtraveler likes this.
  2. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does AF fly down there?

3. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not anymore. Evidently they did until recently. I really wish I'd tried to book this trip a couple of years ago! :(

LAXtraveler likes this.
  4. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad. I remember a friend of mine from Paris telling me they took AF down there a number of years back. Times they are a'changin'.

I feel bad I didn't do this before, but, Welcome to MP! :)

5. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I'm trying to familiarize myself with the site, so that will take a little while. :) Regarding SEZ, there seems to have been a lot of changes in recent years. A few airlines that used to go there no longer fly there, and certain (former) partner airlines are no longer partners. Unfortunately for me, none of the airlines that I've earned my miles on are partners with Qatar, Emirates, or Etihad, which would be the easiest way to get there (as well as the nicest of the current options.)

6. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good luck and use MP as a resource. People here are friendly and helpful - and extremely knowledgeable. You'll find your way down there somehow I'm sure.

Counsellor and aptraveler like this.
  7. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I hope so. As a last resort I'll just have to purchase a ticket for the DXB-SEZ segment, but I really don't want to because it's ridiculously expensive (About $1000 for coach!) We'll see what happens.
    Anyway, thanks for the welcome, and looking forward to perusing the site!

8. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    One option -- see if there is a KLM Codeshare. You might be able to book it under the KLM Code (but doubtful, if Kenya is not opening seats).

Dave

9. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into it.

10. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    The reason AF no longer does it is because their partnership with Air Seychelles ended. It's unfortunate but hopefully you're still able to get there. Also call back, many Delta agents don't even know what KQ is.

Counsellor likes this.
  11. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is unfortunate that the partnership ended, but as a last resort I'll just have to bite the bullet and purchase the DXB-SEZ segment.

12. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dare I suggest, if you have to buy a DXB-SEZ ticket, what about an ADD-SEZ ticket? Interested in going to Ethiopia?...

13. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried back then, and it didn't help.

Even when AF flew there, it was nearly impossible to get award seats. Even as a Flying Blue member (AF/KLM's frequent flyer program) I couldn't find seats within a window of a month or more. Apparently paying customers kept the seats sufficiently filled.

14. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, never thought about that. However, I definitely want the trip to include a few days in Dubai.

15. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, though I don't mind having to book at the last minute. Just having the ability to get to my two destinations on Skyteam would be good enough for me.