DL Skyclubs to Get Skydecks at ATL/JFK

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by flyingdawg, Jan 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Delta to open outdoor lounge terraces at JFK and Atlanta ||

:)

flyingdawg and Kalboz like this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure what your agenda is, I have every right to post something on MP as an active member here, and when about this theme was posted before, so be it, no one was harmed in any way. Regarding my source, businesstraveller.com is a great source for new insights and I like to share this on MP too. As I said, no one was harmed and I don't understand your TOBB style comments.

Regarding SEO? rankings for businesstravller.com, I don't know about this, maybe you as a blogger know about this, but as for me, it's all about sharing some insights I read about.

ryandc99, flyingdawg and Kalboz like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sure, you can do whatever you want. I just wonder what the value is in starting multiple threads on the same topic. Splitting the conversation up doesn't do anyone much good. My goal is to help the community. To me having one discussion on a topic rather than several is valuable. Do you believe otherwise? Do you believe that starting a new thread rather than contributing to the existing one serves the community better?

As for the SEO thing, it was a guess. I cannot think of any other logical reason why this behavior makes sense. Obviously you feel otherwise but I'm curious to what end.

8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What is confusing? I'm happy to try to explain it differently if that would help.

10. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think we are all better served not to flame an OP who duplicated a thread topic. Perhaps it was a simple oversight. But at the end of the day the two threads can be merged without the barbs,

guberif, Gargoyle, MX and 1 other person like this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not so sure it was a flame, but it also is not the first time it has happened. And the response from the OP suggests that they don't care. I don't get it and I'll stop bothering, but I do wonder about the motivation. It seems a disservice to the community, not helping.

A random clip of news without any commentary is of marginal value. Doing it in a way which duplicates other content further reduces the value IMO. I'm curious if I'm the only one who sees it that way. If so, I'll shut up. But I get the feeling I'm not.

12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose it's quite possible that the OP missed the original thread, and with all the copy and pasting it might be too much to ask for searching each time. I don't quite get the news clippings posts without any commentary ( :) doesn't count IMO).

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  13. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this Flyertalk?

USAF_Pride, Flyer1976 and uggboy like this.
  14. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    And why wouldn't the DL forum be proper place for this article?

uggboy likes this.
  15. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the poster was referring to Wandering Aramean's tone. :confused:

uggboy, USAF_Pride and ryandc99 like this.
  16. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Everyone - chill out.....have a nice drink of your choice in the SC and just be happy.

ryandc99, uggboy, Flyer1976 and 2 others like this.
  17. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is the proper place. I just think it makes more sense in the already established discussion.
    Well, if they missed it then it would seem to be for not trying. It was the 5th thread on the main page, not buried in the forum. Plus, this isn't the first time. And if it is too hard to see if a topic is already being discussed then what's the value in flooding the forums with links? Plus, this is not the only new thread on an established topic the OP has started. It is the pattern of behavior I find bizarre, not the single instance.

Again, I think that it is a disservice to the community overall to bifurcate the conversation. I'm wondering why it is done, if there is some ulterior motive.

18. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously "Wandering Aramean" doesn't want to chill out, just look at the breaking Boeing revelation for example, I was the first to bring the discussion about the Boeing 787 batteries, since then at least 2 other MP'ers has also started threads about this topic behind me, I have NO problem with this, and does he complain, NO? He seems to have simply been bored or had a problem that I have started a new thread on a topic which was existing, many others have done this before me and many others will do this after me. So everyone can chill out, no one was harmed in anyway and IMHO, every topic has merit and yes, we shall all be happy and chill out for a bit. Good call.

19. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I didn't read the threads about the batteries. But, from what I can see, most of the threads are about different angles on the story and, in some cases, different forums. If not then I have the same opinion: multiple different threads on the exact same subject is a bad thing.

This is a rehash of a news story in the same forum. I just don't get why putting the news story in the extant thread is so bad. Is there some reason there is the need for a separate thread?

20. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  21. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree folks need to relax. I do not think Wandering Aramean or uggboy meant any harm.

Many of us end up occasionally posting a duplicate thread...although in this instance there was an existing thread on this topic - http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/dl-skyclubs-to-get-skydecks-at-atl-jfk.55314/ - already in the DL forum.

A quick search or scan of recent thread titles never hurts any of us in an effort to minimize the clutter in the threads.

uggboy likes this.
  22. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This could be really cool to see. The one at AMS seems very popular...and, of course, predictive future urban legends on FT (LINK)

:)

uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  23. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had seen the design picture but never investigated what it was.

I think this is definitely a creative idea. It would be fantastic if they had some place where plane spotters could sit down and observe the action.

Also I'm sure some people would like to sit outside but without all of the noises/fumes. That could be an issue as well.

I wonder if ATL's SkyDeck could be year round...obviously JFK's wouldn't be.

flyingdawg likes this.
  24. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Noises and fumes could be an issue, for sure. There are some reasonably effective solutions to those problems.

ATL's SkyDeck will definitely not be usable in July, August or September, unless they come up with soe sort of outdoor air conditioning.

25. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see any issues with it. I used to go to the old outdoor patio thing at CAE when I was a kid all the time and it was right next to the runway. :p Just covered my ears when they took off.

autolycus likes this.