DL Plans to Raise Fares due to Fuel Costs

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Jul 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What, they're not making enough from the free money they're getting from collecting what used to be taxes instead of passing on savings to the customer? :rolleyes:

jrp2, rwoman and SC Flier like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not just DL...but I think most airlines will take $$ however they can get it...

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If Washington continues to let us fly w/o FAA taxes then Delta and evyerbody else will have a golder year anyway. No need to raise fares and I am sure WN, B6 and others will keep them at their current level (which honestly is quite high compared to the past several years).

5. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, remember, to keep the bottom line to the customer the "same", DL did in fact raise the fare. So DL is collecting 4 -5 million per day without the customers final cost going up. Dl thinks people will pay the same amount basically. But if DL can get 4 -5 million a day for a couple days, it will do great things to the balance sheet. Which would help with upgrades to the fleet, payments into retirement funds (which I think DL is still behind), and of course, dividends to stock holders.