DL-JAX-LHR RT-various dates Sept-Nov $608 all in

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by dewhit6959, Jun 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Base Fare- 460-500
    best rate found- 608.00 all in- weekend flight-Fri 11/5 outbound 11/8 inbound
    ATL,DTW, BOS, outbound layovers
    AMS, ATL,BOS,MEM
    various equipt. I booked 767-400 (economy comfort avail) out///KLM 777-inbound

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP. This fare is a nice first post.

Do you know specifically that it must originate in JAX? Have you tried any other cities?

3. MSP..... I received fare alert that listed as $686.00 JAX-LHR. First site I check is Delta and find this $606. fare. Lock it in. Then , start checking other search sites. No Go. Clear Browse. Check Delta again and fare is $686. Good Fare ! Sp w/Delta Medallion agent. Good to go. She offered direct flight LHR-ATL return for $78.00 additional. Nope. 10k Medallions, 20k+miles//////$206-final cost after using LAX bump voucher///// Have to wait for 90 days out to book KLM free econ comfort seats thru Delta//////. I watch Jax for intl. since wife and I did all first class/sleeper JAX-ATL-BOS LHR,same return to in May for $1263.00. Her flight on miles////// I keep watches on TPA,MCO,JAX ,MIA for intl , any routing. Kicker is $100. r/t ATL-JAX feeder route. Very Flexible for standby.
    TO ANSWER QUESTION-coud not get cheaper any other starts, but didn't look hard. I am ATL based and in JAX often. 40 minute flight from ATL.

rwoman likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. Do you suspect that it's a fare war out of JAX where DL and perhaps AA are competing for LHR business?

If your TATL flight is operated by KLM, I suspect that you need to book the Economy Comfort seats from their website, not DL, but check the thread on this in the MP DL forum. If it's KLM, you might not need to wait for the 90 day mark. Also, their fee schedule for DL FFs is different that what DL charges us for Economy Comfort on DL flights.

5. MSP..... If econ com booked thru KLM, I am told it is 50% off for medallion at this date, no freebie, but free thru Delta at 90 days. I tried to get seat thru KLM site, but no go last night. Free for Diamond/Platinum all Intl flights using My Trips after booking, except for codeshares like these.///// will advise as approaches.
    ANSWER TO QUESTION- I suspect the fare I got was punched in before all fee's added////.In March/April, when Delta started Intrastate flights between JAX,MIA,TPA,MCO and MiA-LHR, the first fares were $1000. and change r/t first class. MIA-LHR competes with BA orlando and AA codeshares from MIA. and others.
    Have another route watching for Sept. ////working up now///great for medallion flyers. ////will advise

6. Update - Decided to call DL and ask about direct flight back to ATL. to drop AMS layover. Cincinnati Medallion desk was helpful, even waived $250.00 change fee and rebooked LHR- ATL direct for $62.00. Thanks Cincy Girl !

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You did very well on this.