DL- First Class- LAX-Haneda R/T $2833.00

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by dewhit6959, Jul 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Delta 777 LR first class-R/T -Sept 2nd LAX-Haneda outbound/arrival 2230 Tokoyo-lie flat
    -Inbound Sept 6th (lax-pm arrival Sept 5th)

Triple mile bonus on this fare plus fare bonus/ 49k miles Platinum / More @Diamond

>$2833.00 //50 taxes included

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not FC; DL doesn't offer IFC on any routes except stuff like domestic FC between the USA and Canada. TPAC and in fact all longhaul is a two-cabin aircraft offering BE and whY, with special economy comfort seats with alcohol and more legroom/recline offered to elites and for a fee but not considered a different class of service for ticketing.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note also that these are bonus redeemable miles, not extra MQMs. Depending on the fare code, MQMs are either 100% or 150% (M+ fares, including SWU/miles upgrades and all BE fares) of flown miles. So $3K for 15K MQMs (M+fares) is about normal for a decent M (upgradeable) or S/I (discounted BE) fare.

Do you know when then extra bonus miles offer for this route ends? I had thought that it was the end of the summer, if not earlier, as a new route promo bonus. Also, you probably need to register for this promo, either before ticketing or before flying.

4. the Delta miles earned are basically worthless

SensFan and JohnDeere19 like this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's an overstatement.

JohnDeere19 and gleff like this.
  6. This fare is an S fare. Apologies-I consider everything up front first class. The promo ends Sept 30. You can still register for the promotion. The mileage is based on Platinum, plus class bonus. Delta Miles out of Atlanta can always get you somewhere. Thanks for the positive remarks.
    Also good fares on upgradeable K fares to Hawaii direct flights from ATL available.