DL employees scour social media for details of board posters...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Dec 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    To any who doubt how far DL will pursue your identifying data, this is amusing and informative....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ybonus-how-should-i-redeem-113k-points-2.html

There can be no surprise that DL employees dig for identifying info in this way. It's normal SOP for the Borg. But, I find it entertaining that for once the directionality is reversed and the FT poster mines their info via the honeypot. Muahaha! Nice! Reap what you sow, indeed, what equity!

Some will debate the relevance of this info. e.g. (a) Why care, because SkyBonus isn't worth anything now.... or (b) DL always does this, they want to know more about their customers, because they want to deliver *mejor en su clase* product.. OK, I agree, (a) it's not and (b) they do, unquestionably, provide such product already.

As for me, I don't care. Jeff doesn't need to waste his IT team's woman-hours searching for the Shark. He and his compadres know where to find me. They believe the shark-infested waters are hazardous to DL borgs and corporate apologists so they steer clear. But they can't find my postings since I've been censored there.... which in some respects is a beautiful irony :D

But, what's salient is that it shows DL exerts considerable effort to smack down not only abusers and gamers but every SM member who wants to find what minimal value remains in the program.

This behavior shows exactly why all the advantageous SM program features from as recently as 2011 have been systematically closed down. DL does dedicate significant resource to the boards - not to gauge customer opinions, but to identify and E-LIM-IN-8 all useful features of their own program (you all know the litany, it includes, no stopovers; T-72 redeposit moratorium; overnight stealth increases in award mileage; removal of info from EF; reduction in UG inventory; removal of all data transparency; and so many more it would take this whole page to list them).

That's why anyone who knows anything useful about how to make SM work would be well-advised never to post it on any public board. Corporate surveillance has reached absurd depths.

It's time to accept this fact: these corporate techniques mean the DL boards have outlived practical usefulness in terms of being a resource for those who want to obtain value from the SM program. They function only as a platform for apologists to mask and defend rescissions and for DL employees to post drive-bys, you know, about how it was "a hard decision but it was the right one."

The DL boards have other uses, though. Like this.

I have a message for all of you DL borgs reading this. And I know some of you do; in fact, the evidence quoted in this thread proves it. In your esteemed leader's own words, this is:

[​IMG]mejor en su clase[​IMG]

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Brilliant idea to shine some light on the minions of the Borg!

anileze, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    As they say in the tunnels of the Haydron Collider - Live by the miles, discharge by double the miles :)

Gargoyle and MX like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given some folks scam programs, I'm okay if they have folks doing a bit of research to find them.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I don't see where this is an issue. Don't assume yourself anonymous online unless you go to great lengths to make it so.

6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    @mattsteg, True, that. And in that example, we see it applies to reps of the DL Borg as well. Fair's fair and it is very enjoyable to see the Borg's expectations of asymmetric information access be challenged.

The larger point I was making wasn't the possibility of identification, it was that the level of investment in scrutiny/trawling FT supports the thesis that DL reads the boards with the intention of systematically eliminating features of the SM program that are beneficial to the members. It has done so for some time now. The EF/FS inventory shena are the latest in a long list of examples, for instance, the palpable (and utter) degradation of the TEAM concept in Sky"Team" is evidently being driven by DL SM program managers. DL SM managers never did like it that people could use their SWUs on non-DL metal... so they fixed that well enough without technically cancelling the program.

@rwoman, if the action were only directed at what I assume you meant by "scammers," it wouldn't be so objectionable even to me. But you - especially you, as an experienced DL flyer and DM gamer :p - are aware that DL defines "scammers" to include many.... for example, all people who desire a stopover on a TATL award, or whose plans change and need to redeposit after T-72 and who therefore must forfeit the entire value of the itin (which doesn't even happen on paid itins), or those who dare to find SM redemptions from PHL to FCO, not all of which is in J, for less than 635k SM..... those people are ALL the damn scammers by Jove and Jeff will deal with them. ALL! X-TERM-IN-8!!

Just watch Jeff Robbo's alter-ego at work on an SM member expecting SWU to be coded correctly and deliver UG:

7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've long since ceased more than hinting at anything positive + obscure related to Delta, as again this is nothing new. There was never doubt delta intends for SM to be at the front of the race to the bottom, while investing enough in their flight product and operational prowess to maintain a competitive overall package. Most of my business has migrated over to AA currently, even with Delta's continued emails about how I will earn more in the new program. I accept worse operational performance in exchange for better coverage of some of my destinations, and a better ff program for my purposes.