DL Amex- add'l card bonus?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Gargoyle, Jun 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My wife and I work the DL Amex cards for the MQM bonus thresholds; we need to add one more card (so as to keep our accounting separate depending on usage, but with the credit still going to the SkyPiles account). For the account in question, we already have two cards, one in her name, one in my name. Are there currently any bonuses for adding another user/card number to the DL/Amex account?

2. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't have an answer to you. From what I understand there aren't any bonuses for adding a second user onto the same Delta Amex account.
    I have a question that you might be able to help with;
    I have the delta amex platinum. My wife is a second cardholder. My wife will be traveling some without me now and I'd like her to get the free checked bags and priority boarding. Can I refer her to get a gold or platinum amex? Will I get a bonus for referring? Will they allow her to have her separate account and then have me get a secondary card with it?

Also even though I have the platinum I'm thinking about getting her just the gold since it's free for a year, she isn't shooting for medallion status, and it has the other benefits. Trying to decide if that's stupid or not.

3. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should be able to refer here to get the credit and she will also be able to keep the secondary card. I recently did this when my mom had me added on here Delta Gold Account then a year later she referred me to sign up. I still have both cards.

Stils and Gargoyle like this.