DL 621

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by brendanmclarke, May 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. brendanmclarke

brendanmclarke Active Member

Status Points:
    I am flying from Columbus to Singapore this weekend. To get there, I go CMH to MSP and then to SIN. I logged into my Delta account just to make sure nothing changed, and I now just realized that they we are stopping in Tokyo and I have a warning that I am going to miss my connection from NRT to SIN. How is that the case since I booked my MSP to SIN with no issue. Do they really make us board another plane, or is it just to refuel our bird?

2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    From my understanding, you will deplane and board a different aircraft in NRT.

PLUS_1 likes this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can get an idea what your flight will do by going to Delta.com and checking its status.

DTWBOB

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Normally the connection in NRT is very pleasant and efficient, although you do need to reclear security. It is usually a different aircraft. Is your MSP-NRT flight suppposed to be late? Have you tried calling DL to ask what your message means?

MSP-SIN is a "direct" flight. It has a single flight number, but it does stop and there is usually a plane/gate change, but even if not on your day of travel, you must still deplane with all of your belongings and reclear security at NRT.

5. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    DL.dumb is notorious for flagging tight but legal connections they sold you as potential misconnects if anything changes in the booking. I've actually seen a tight connection get a couple minutes less tight and then get the yellow warning box.