DL: 345 MQM's needed

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by hornmt01, Dec 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. hornmt01

hornmt01 New Member

Status Points:
    Newbie needs 345 MQM's for Silver on Delta from ATL. Just upgraded to Platinum AMEX for 5000, but 345 short. Was looking into ATL-JAX possibly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

TravelBear likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Find the cheapest RT on DL. Thanks to the mmin 500 MQMs per segment, you'll get a thousand. OTOH, since MQMs roll over after you get Silver, if you can find ticket that doesn't cost much more but gives lots more MQMS, it can be worthh investing in them for next year.

TravelBear likes this.
  3. hornmt01

hornmt01 New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply and support! I just got the ITA Matrix working.... love this tool :) Will let you know what I find.

TravelBear likes this.
  4. hornmt01

hornmt01 New Member

Status Points:
    Ok, I did ATL-RDU roundtrip. $213 on the 29th. Checked other routes to carry over additional miles for same or lower price as you suggest, however, with the last minute planning on my part, what I took was the best option. Next year will have to plan a little better! Really like the ITA Matrix tool. Thanks again

TravelBear likes this.
  5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    This close to the end of the year finding a MR at a good price is going to take a lot of work and be risky due to the fact that winter weather has shown up.

There's a promo where you can get 250 mqms by staying at Hiltons or you could just buy the points.

DTWBOB

TravelBear likes this.
  6. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    TravelBear likes this.
  7. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey and Welcome! Congrats on Silver. I am lowly Silver but have had decent success at upgrades on some legs.

8. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    For $260 you can fly to Chicago !
    Friday 27 ATL - MDW 6:55 pm – 7:55 pm Delta 1371 Saturday, 28 MDW-ATL 10:10 am – 12:57 pm Delta 2120.

Have a good dinner, listen to some live music, have a cigar, a nice shot of malt, sleep overnight and back for lunch Saturday afternoon.

jrp2 likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC the Hilton MQM promo has ended.

10. deltamedallionflyer

deltamedallionflyer Active Member

Status Points:
    maybe i'm missing something, but is there a way to find cheapest fares to nowhere in particular using the ITA matrix, or does one need to plug a variety of airport codes in and just compare the prices?

i'm 11k short of GM due to a project that has kept me on the ground for three months! silly client doesn't care about my medallion status. ;)

i can depart NYC as early as the evening of the 30th and hope to pull the best new year's eve day MR to minimize my buy-miles spend. flying is fun and i'll check out some sky clubs... all suggestions welcome.

thanks!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    anileze likes this.
  11. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  12. deltamedallionflyer

deltamedallionflyer Active Member

Status Points:
    will do, thanks!