DL: $1,360 for business class BOS/MIA/TPA/JAX/MCO- AMS All summer long

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by The Points Guy, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Points Guy
    Original Member

The Points Guy Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is even cheaper than their $1,450 LHR business class fares. Looks like the same rules- 90 day advance purchase, fly by Aug 31, I fare. Tons of availability all summer long- great way to get to Europe basically for the price of coach. Remember I fares earn 50% MQMs and Skymiles.

Delta has a 24 hour risk-free guarantee, so as long as you buy on Delta.com you can cancel with no penalty up until 11:59pm the next day

Can route through a number of hubs, not just BOS/MIA. Screen shots and more details on my blog.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless something has changed recently, DL I fare class (discount BE) should earn 150% MQMs, 100% credit plus an additional 50% for class of service. They also earn at least 150% spendable miles, more if the passenger is an elite with DL.

Note also that the 24 hour risk free cancellation is normally 11:59 pm ATL time, regardless of your departure city, although some reservation call centers located outside of the Eastern time zone might give you some leeway on this.

3. edog22
    Original Member

edog22 Silver Member

Status Points:
    About $20 more to fly out of RDU too, and about $40-$50 cheaper than the regular seats for that time period.

4. PoorMansBidet
    Original Member

PoorMansBidet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Boo MSP travelers. We don't get many exciting fares. Time to move?

5. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You do not need to purchase 90 days in advance... I bought one BOS-AMS for June 2 (67 days).

No reason MSP travelers cant partake... you just need to separately book your positioning flight to the orginating city.

Thanks OP for the heads up on this deal...

I will probably buy another as I will not be working for a bit after June 1.

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. FlyingVizzer
    Original Member

FlyingVizzer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean because the winter weather isn't enough of a reason to move? ;)

secretsea18 likes this.
  7. The Points Guy
    Original Member

The Points Guy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if I was unclear- I meant you get an additional 50% bonus for I fares.

8. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone still seeing these fares? I only find I fares from BOS, MCO, JAX, MIA and TPA for > $2k now. I have tried a variety of dates in June and July, but no luck ...... :)

Is this deal now dead???