Divided PNR - EP and Non Status members

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by filelover, Mar 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. filelover

filelover Silver Member

Status Points:
    I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I am an EP and in a PNR with two other friends with no status. We have premium seats so we are all set there.

Since I can only upgrade one companion using my stickers I might do one friend on the way and one on the way back which would mean we will get divided into 2 or 3 PNRs

I know we will get to keep our preferred seats but was wondering about the following

- Will their priority be the same as mine (EP) on the upgrade list?
    - With the PNRs divided will the Self Service Kiosk recognize that they are traveling with me and not charge them for bags?
    - Will they still get Priority Access for security and boarding?

Any downsides to dividing the PNR in this scenario?

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi filelover!

To answer your questions,
    1. It will show them as a companion, but they will be below all of the other EP’s on the list and it may not clear.
    2. In order to not have baggage fees you will need to remain in the same PNR.
    3. Once divided out of the EP PNR they will no longer have this.
    Let us know if this helps!

3. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would hate to disagree with AmericanAirlines, but #1 as described above applies to eVIP split PNR upgrades but not domestic sticker X upgrades.

As for #2, agents should and do use a lot of discretion because there could be many reasons the companion is not on the same PNR.

Same discretion applies to #3. While it is correct that once divided, companion PNR will lose PA, most ticket and gate agents don't have an issue with the elite member and companion checking in or boarding together.

Access to elite security lanes would obviously be at the discretion of the TSA agent.