Distinction eStore Bonus Better Than Expected

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by BackSlash, Jan 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just had my first eStore purchase for the year post.

The text for the Distinction eStore bonus implies either 1 extra AE mile for Silver/Black and 2 extra miles for Diamond.

Code:
    Get up to 3X the miles per dollar spent when you shop online with your favourite Aeroplan eStore retailers.
    I found that the dDiamond bonus was 3 miles per dollar. Resulting in a $60 purchase generating

60 base miles
    60 2x Chapters/Indigo Promo miles
    180 Distinction miles
    + Whatever your credit card earns.

Just a heads up. This isn't a huge difference, but I expect it to add up when the Stars promo starts back up soon.

--B3

MSYgirl and YULtide like this.
  2. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you get your bonus miles at the same time you got the base miles? My 2014 transactions are still not showing in my account (dDiamond), but in my wife's account (dSilver) she got some miles that posted today for something she bought last week. She only got the base miles, though.

3. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, I know it's not what you want to hear, but when I received the e-mail letting me know the base miles had posted, both bonuses had posted already.

I think it's 4 weeks that they have to post the bonuses after the base miles post so maybe I just got in under the wire on a sweep.

4. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, well, well, I was just too eager to see more miles I guess. The following day the bonus miles posted, so everything is under control! And we're :D

5. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's gone :( I still don't have anything in my account, but my wife receives just one bonus mile per dollar spent now. I went to AE site and read the fine prints (don't know if they were there before):

*dDiamond Distinction members receive two (2) Distinction bonus miles for every base mile earned on eStore transactions. These Distinction bonus miles do not qualify towards Distinction status.
    **dBlack and dSilver Distinction members receive one (1) Distinction bonus mile for every base mile earned on eStore transactions. These Distinction bonus miles do not qualify towards Distinction status.
    ***Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to eight (8) weeks after purchase.

6. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just had a 2nd eStore post, and got the appropriate 2x bonus miles. AE didn't go back and fix the transaction that posted 3x but it does seem like it was a coding error and not an intended bonus.

C'est le jeu.