Discover and Diners VIP Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by adrianors, Dec 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried to visit the Diners VIP Lounge with a Discover credit card.. I heard that Discover bought Diners.. One time I talked to the Discover customer service and they told me that it should work since they are in the same network.. but "SHOULD" is not "WILL".. so.. any experiences? I am flying SDU-CGH-POA tomorrow..

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMO no way!

adrianors likes this.
  3. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with you but is worth the shot.. basically any diners creditcard in Brazil allows you to get in the dinners lounge. They are not that selective in Brazil with their clients.. with $18000 dollars/yr you can easily qualify for one. Lets see what happens.. Ill go waiting for the big "NO".

4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    And I was received with the word, WELCOME! Well.. almost.. they first said that was ok but their system declined the card (probably because was Discover, not Diners).. then they talked a little and since the Diners logo is printed in the card they allowed me to enter in the Diners Vip Lounge.. I have no idea how strict they will be in other countries but in Brazil they seem to accept very easily Discover card holders.. by the way., awesome lounge at SDU.. Clean, not crowded and they offer some treats! :)