Discover America® Daily Getaways: purchase Hertz #1 Awards points, 4/18/11, at noon ET

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by Kohoutek, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. MarshKing

MarshKing Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up! I took advantage of this offer when they had a similar promo last year. They offer some decent redemption rates for their higher-category vehicles.

3. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right at noon, I got the 9K that I wanted. I still have about half of my stash from last year. My most recent rental was for a last-minute one-way rental home on Christmas Eve for 1,200 points and $4 in taxes. That was just after using 2,500 for a standard weekly rental to Lake Tahoe (where we stayed for 5 nights in a 2BR villa for a whopping $600 thanks to Marriott Vacation Club's Discover America offer).

5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    5K and 9K are now sold out.

15K still has some in carts that haven't finished their purchase. It's possible that some might still get released for those who are determined enough to keep trying.

Updated: Now completely SOLD OUT! The 15K offer took around 1 hour to sell out despite there being only 35 packages of them.

6. sunspotzsz
    Original Member

sunspotzsz Silver Member

Status Points:
    When you use points for rental, what happens with insurance?
    Do you still get insurance from the credit card you paid tax/fee with?

7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on the credit card company, and even then the answer is not clear. This would best be a discussion for a new thread, IMO.

It appears that some credit cards do not cover rentals that have any free days. Some might not cover rentals with any coupons. Some might not cover rentals with a discount code. Some may cover rentals with free days as long as at least one day is not a free day.