Discover America® Daily Getaways: Hilton HHonors™ points on sale, 5/2/11, at noon ET

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Kohoutek, Apr 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
    $550: 100,000 points (200 available)
    https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/OfferDetails.aspx?pid=2eb34469-da56-4be7-8477-6a2e6f0f109e
    $825: 150,000 points (150 available)
    https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/OfferDetails.aspx?pid=28b94501-3de3-47a8-b117-f6736a2ef427
    $1,375: 250,000 points (150 available)
    https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/OfferDetails.aspx?pid=2812460f-0620-40a2-aac9-ac47b8b73b29
    Use any American Express Card to get an extra 10% off.

2. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems an okay deal, at least they're offering more reasonable quantities than Hyatt did. Seems the 100k package is the best.

3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Must admit I feel totally demoralised after the Hyatt offer. Seems like the quantities were so small that it was pointless trying.

Guess there will be less competing for these and the additional packages available gives a bit more hope.

4. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad deal, but not good enough to jump on unless you have an immediate need for the points, IMO.

5. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    The turn-off for me is the limited quantities. I've just been in too many situations where I've re-arranged my schedule to be at the computer at the appointed hour, spent my time furiously banging away at my computer, and ended up with nothing. This isn't that great a deal that Hilton should have any problems with much larger (or unlimited) quantities. It seems like a pretty marginal deal to me.

6. danimal
    Original Member

danimal Gold Member

Status Points:
    I liked last year's similar offer for SPG points. I don't remember if the quantities were that tight.

7. dealswelike

dealswelike Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree if someone has a particular property in mind and know that the room rate will be above what the points cost would be and they are intending to redeem said points in the near future buying one of these packages makes a lot of sense.

9. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Jose: Are you going to partake in this promo, Kohoutek?
    Kohoutek: No way, Jose.

10. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
  11. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think there must be something wrong with the Daily Getaways site. Just for laughs I tried at 45 minutes after the offer began to purchase one of these packages. All show availability yet I am unable to purchase from my computer. Yet when I go to my IPad I can get the purchase to come up.

I did buy the 150,000 points for $750 or thereabouts. I figure if we can redeem those nights in Europe or even Tahiti we are way ahead of buying the room for a night.

12. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The grand total selling price for all of the Hilton packages is between $396,000 and $440,000 for a total MSRP of $800,000! This is the largest total offer from any company in the Discover America promos.

(The smallest total offer is the one from United.)

13. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sold out!

14. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am cross posting this on the net, so it is relayed here as well.

Here are the terms and conditions from the offer page on the Discover America website.

• Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and must be a Hilton HHonors member to participate.

• To become an HHonors member, please click here to enroll.

• Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and 50,000 HHonors points for a Category 7 hotel.

• Points eligible for standard hotel room only; excludes Waldorf Astoria hotels and All-inclusive hotels.

• Offer valid for 100,000 HHonors Bonus Points, which equals to a maximum of one (1) five-night stay at any participating Hilton Worldwide property (category 1-7).

• To view hotel reward categories, click here. Offer subject to availability.

• HHonors Bonus Points will be posted to members account upon validation from the Daily Getaways promotion. Allow 3-4 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to members account.

• HHonors Bonus Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification.

• When redeeming a reward stay, member must book a Standard hotel reward online or call 1-800-HHonors from the U.S. for reservations. Member must indicate they would like to redeem HHonors points for a stay at a participating Hilton Worldwide property. Redemption of free nights is subject to availability.

• Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

Notice the info about nights costing 7500 for a Category 1 and 50,000 for a Category 7 hotel. It appears the points can be redeemed for whatever hotel one desires, so I gather the points will simply be deposited into a person's HHonors account. The reason Waldorfs can not be redeeemed for 50,000 points is that redemptions start at 60,000 in low season and reach 90,000 in high season. I do not see Hilton segregating points for this offer as far as I can tell.

I was pleased with the ability to purchase this offer, as the web site was up and operational and many of the offers were available for several hours with only the 250K offer selling out in about 20 minutes. I anticipate that these simply post as HHonors points.

15. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I jumped on this deal. I need some points to hit the 100k mark (hotel in denver I'm looking at is 25k per night) and I was just short of what I needed - could save up the extra points also. What's the best value for redeeming Hilton points? I think it would be at the higher valued properties.

16. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would say the best redemptions for HHonors are the GLON & AXON awards, rarely are 1,2,3 night redemptions a good value with HHonors.

Thanks Kohoutek for posting this thread.

chitownflyer and SC Flier like this.
  17. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Category 7 GLONs starting at 6 nights cost 225,000, so this can be an excellent deal if redeemed for an expenssive hotel. The Discover America site worked fine, and there was sufficient quantities of Hilton points packages to bid upon, so I hope they bring this offer at this price back again next year.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  18. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any points posted yet?

19. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes posted to our account earlier this week.

20. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    One purchase posted May 9, and the second posted May 10. I am happy with this offer, as I will redeem for Category 6 or 7 GLON. The points simply appear as total and regular points posted to the account under the activity description Daily Getaways. Let's keep all the critics and naysayers of this promo coming in the future, as it gives those of us whom understand its potential value more opportunity to take advantage of the offer.

21. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I personally value critics & naysayers as it can lead to me looking at an offer in a different light. Everyone has the right to post their view(s).

I think potential value is a key point in your post, I'm sure there are many who despite believing that GLON/AXON's are a good value, may not have the opportunity to redeem for the value I hope to so the sale wasn't of value to them.

22. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    My points also posted! Hello vacation!