Discounted Sky Club day pass offered at OLCI

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MSPeconomist, Jun 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I checked in this evening, delta.dumb offered me a Sky Club "one-day pass" for $39. I didn't look at the T & C, but this seems to be called a day pass rather than a single entry coupon, so it's a 22% discount from the usual price of $50.

The strange thing is that my FF number was correctly attached to the reservation, clearly showing me as a DM, which should obviously mean that I don't need a day pass to enter SCs when I fly DL. I also have at least three other ways to get SC privileges, which DL should also know in my record.

It almost makes me wonder whether DL is hoping to collect additional money from their stupid elites. It's hard to believe that a DM wouldn't know that he/she has SC privileges.

traveller99, rwoman and KENNECTED like this.
  2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed this on Monday when I checked in for my flight from ATL. I never use lounges so I didn't pay it any attention. Good looking out MSPeconomist!

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some people like to give money away...maybe they think it shows off their DYKWIA status...:oops:

4. sniklec
    Original Member

sniklec Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely a day pass. I purchased one on a recent mileage run and used it successfully in five different lounges. At $50 I was still debating it, but at $39 I happily clicked buy.

Even though my boarding passes clearly stated "SkyClub Day Pass" on them, I was sometimes required to show the printout of my purchase receipt. Although delta.com warns of this during purchase, it was still a bit lame.

Exiled in Express likes this.
  5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Remember we are talking about DL.IT here. Just another way to cram more people in the clubs. I understand making money, but they are getting a little ridiculous with all the pay to play offerings.

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL Marketing can be rather dense. The advertisements for the DL Gold Amex stressing the first bag free benefit at Sky Priority checkin and in first-class seat pockets seem oddly targeted.

DeltaExpert likes this.