Discounted Award Redemption at Grand Wailea-June

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by sharris503, Jan 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pretty good redmeption rate, anyone know if you can use GLON discounts on top of this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uggboy and PointsCashMiles like this.
  2. ken7

ken7 Active Member

Status Points:
    I doubt it, but this number might be able to confirm: 1-800-920-5649

3. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the GLON discounts are already reflected in the rates shown in your pictures. When I look at the same rooms on shorter stays, the points per night required is higher, showing 71,456 and 78,616 on 2 night stays, 58,881 and 64,781 points for 4 night stays and the rates you have for the longer stays.

4. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmmm, very curious. However, the rooms are not standard room redemptions. When I look at the ocean and flora view room in september the price is almost 200k per night and that is shoulder season in Maui. During peak summer time it is 240k per night. Makes 58k per night look like a hell of a deal, wish I could take advantage of it.

PointsCashMiles likes this.
  5. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's definitely a good deal - although it's probably worth mentioning that both times I've stayed at the Grand Wailea on Points I was upgraded to ocean view rooms with Diamond status (stays were Feb 2011 and August 2009). So booking a better room may not be necessary if you have status although in this case the premium rooms are slightly cheaper.