disappointing stay at hawaiian village

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by TRYING2BPLAT, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Checking out in a couple hours but stay was mediocre as a gold, req 2 dbl bed n supposedly upgraded to Alii tower for a.king with a fold out bed the catch ocean view, req to dust the small lamp underneath the coffee maker twice n never got clean up to now, Suppoaedly free coffee but they nevee refill the cofee but I guess bec of the dust ob top no one dare to make the coffee. 1st stay as gold but veey disappointed.

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting.
    If I understand correctly, you are a Gold HHonors member who requested 2 double beds but was upgraded to an ocean view room w/King bed in the Ali'i tower and this was not satisfactory because of a dusty small lamp & not getting refills for your inroom coffee maker?

rosscoe68 likes this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you call the desk and request refills -- and we're you leaving tips for the maids.

I've come back to my room late in the day and found they filled my ice bucket for me.... all because...

DTWBOB

4. TRYING2BPLAT

Status Points:
    Not if u are a family of 4, king n a pullout bed is no fun, yes I mentioned it to the FD but they never came n clean it n yes I leave tip every day I was there $5, this may not much but it is something.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's more than what I typically leave.

Did you ask for your original bed choice when you checked in?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. TRYING2BPLAT

Status Points:
    I did request for my original bed choice but the FD clerk insisted that this is a front of the house with a view and extra space, she was selling it to me like a junior suite with a small living area because she mentioned it is an upgrade to my original request since I am not familiar with their tower layout and went for it, to realize that it was a room with king bed and a couch with a pullout bed and my kids are getting excited to go swim and not even worried about the space.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure you now realize the following but will state it anyways
    don't continue to tip if you are not getting the service/clean you want. Seeing as FD did nothing, I would have called housekeeping while in the room and demanded asked they clean what you wanted.
    (bolding mine) so you made the choice and accepted the upgrade. You now know to ask if the room a property is upgrading you to has the bed arrangement you require.

I always liked the Ali'i tower and would have been pleased with an upgrade to it, but clearly it didn't work for you.

Besides the bed & housekeeping issues, how was the rest of your stay? did you enjoy the property?

I like that end of Waikiki beach as it is wider & not as crowded as some of the other areas of Waikiki.

Tenmoc and 8MiHi like this.