Disappointing Cars lately

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by SecBarbie, Mar 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SecBarbie

SecBarbie Active Member

Status Points:
    I have found in my recent rentals to have gotten some higher-milage, worse for wear cars in the last 3 months or so. My rentals have been out of DTW, SFO, ATL, and TOL. Thoughts or similar experieinces? (Always booked Mid-sized too)

2. Fyaric

Fyaric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here Carolla with 40000 miles

3. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've generally been in the same boat as the OP the past six months or so. That said I got a tricked out Chrysler 300 w/ 3 miles on it at PHX a few weeks ago which was a great car. Had a RAV4 the other day at a small station with <2000 miles but my colleague's had ~30K so...

4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'm trying to stay away from Hertz as much as possible. This is one of the reasons why. National was sold out at IAD last week and I booked a full size and got an Impala with 42K miles on it (as PC). Needed more space that day, after a heavy scrimmage at the counter (Gold counter always closed) I was able to secure a Chevy Traverse with "only" 28K miles

5. Just had a camry with 40,000+ and heavy smoke smell. I just switched over from Avis and not so sure about that decision.

Sent from my iPad using milepoint

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tell me about it, this was my last rental. :p

[​IMG]