Disappearing UDU notice on PNR

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Feb 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 4 segments which up until today have shown the notice that I am eligible for upgrade. Three of the notices have disappeared. I called UA just to inquire and was told that they do not see this notice on their system. Guess it is only shown on the web site for us to see?

8MiHi and mht_flyer like this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am seeing a LOT of issues with that "Eligibility for Complimentary Premier Upgrade" just recently.

For example, flight (one way) for Sunday shows with out this, I go and look at another resv and it is fine. My one-way outbound tomorrow morning shows it as requested (I just booked it today and it put me on CPU standby list).

Then I'll look at a 4-segment flight and it will be fine, then a different 4-segment and it shows up as none and yet another different 4-segment and it shows the last segment as CPU eligibile and the first three as not.

This is definitely a web issue, also on the flights where the notice isn't there go and try to use a GPU, it shows GPU as greyed out and only allowing mile upgrade.

(And in the case where I have a 4-segment, and last segment is showing CPU eligible, that's the only set of flights (return) a GPU would work on -- it greys GPU out on the outbound).

It's screwed up for sure, glad I'm not the only one.

I'm sure UA IT has been messing with that code.

FRUSTRATING!!!

(on a side miles haven't posted from UA flights from last Saturday, but that's another issue...)

8MiHi and sfo1 like this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar problem recently where a GPU was mysteriously redeposited and I dropped on the upgrade list. Very annoying.

mht_flyer and 8MiHi like this.
  4. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have also been seeing fun and games with upgrades over the last week or so. Segments that had been showing eligible for CPUs suddenly showing not eligible. My wife and I are both Platinum, I was upgraded for our Sunday flight 72 hours in advance and, with 19 seats still showing available, she was upgraded a day later. No real problem, but odd.

sfo1 and mht_flyer like this.
  5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had pretty much all of the above on my SFO-NRT flight. Didn't wind up being able to use the GPU. Turns out it needed to be reapplied to make the upgrade request re-appear on the reservation.

mht_flyer likes this.
  6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a one way for Sunday I just rebooked earlier today that had this issue, it cleared at the 96hr window, so the backend seems fine but it is very frustrating to see some be fine ad others not. No doubt that UA IT is tinkering around the web code...

8MiHi likes this.
  7. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Snafu

8. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do they think it stands for Situation Normal, All Finally Upgraded?

9. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just had the same problem happen to me. Bought a ticket today and the upgrade arrow never showed up (domestic CPU). However, the upgrade processed as normal.

The one thing I would say is that I bought this ticket within the 96 hour window. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I would have thought the flight would show the blue warning that the upgrade was requested after the ticket was issued.

-Rob

8MiHi likes this.
  10. GFowler
    Original Member

GFowler Silver Member

Status Points:
    From what I see CPU is working now except for non-PS, domestic, 3 class flights. Currently they are not CPU eligible. It is not just a cosmetic icon missing issue. I was told that they are working on it but there is no promised date of resolution. Anyone in that state should be flooding UA with calls.

goalie likes this.