Dirt cheap leg run?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by AndersFT, May 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi

I have an activity ending in late June, and I was thinking that I might end it with style.
    I thought that I might do som kind of "leg run" and visit three capitals (or at least the airports) at one day.

I was thinking of ARN, CPH and OSL in som way and I was wondering if you guys knows how to find the really cheap tickets. It takes som time to enter all alternatives one by one in SAS booking tool...

I found tickets for around 600 SEK for some flights. When are the flights cheapest? Weekends, weekdays, early, late, mid day?

2. oskar

oskar Active Member

Status Points:
    600SEK for R/T?
    usually ARN - GOT/HEL is around 600-650 SEK R/T during offer-times.

3. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I ment 600 SEK per leg...

4. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is the purpose to earn miles, earn segments or just to try it out?

5. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mostly for fun. See the lounges and the airports.
    Out of miles vs. segments, I have always earned status through segments since I almost always fly domestic and economy.
    So far I have 72 segments this year, but I started the requalifying period 1:st of May and as I wrote the current assignment ends in June. I don't know how the rest of the period look like so a lot of segments wouldn't hurt.

6. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, so just whatever is most cheap.

I think your best bet is to use the low-fare calender "lågpriskalendern" and see when you can find the cheapest prices (first link in the middle when going to sas.se). There are plenty of flights between the 3 capitals and if you travel outside of business peak times (week days in the morning and in the afternoon/early evening) you should be able to do it for a reasonable price.

7. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok

I have now booked a trip GOT-CPH-OSL-ARN-VXO as my joy ride. A couple of hours in each capital and "home" by dinner.
    4 flights for approx 2800 SEK in total.

And yes, it's ok to call me names ;)

Redcap, Silferlood, SK2868 and 3 others like this.
  8. cph_flyer
    Original Member

cph_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy :)

9. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    I remember someone told me once that Danish domestic flights were useful for leg runs on SK. I think that's at least where you can manage the most number of turnarounds in a single day. I haven't actually explored what pricing would be like though.

10. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    CPH-AAL r/t can be done for around 6-700 DKK on the right days.

11. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    hmm.. 390 points for CPH-AAL-CPH (with EBG) is not a whole lot, but if you manage to get a cheap upgrade to eco+ which gives 3k points it could be even more worthwile.. But I guess if your doing it for the legs, 6-700 DKK is a pretty good deal! Double points campaign is still on for a couple of weeks too, maybe we should all be following AndersFT's example :)

12. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    The fare is unfortunately not upgradeable - I presume you mean optiontown. That only works inter-continental.

torbster likes this.
  13. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.. what about blue1 CPH-HEL r/t or ARN-HEL r/t, although I suppose OT might only be available on intra-european flights..

14. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just did a CPH-HEL-ARN-CPH with Blue1 (except ARN-CPH on SK) where I upgraded with Optiontown. It was during the double promo so I got 6300 points for some 2500DKK

15. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all

Tomorrow its time for this. Three capitals during one day!
    Morning in CPH lounge and lunch in OSL. I guess I won't be able to visit ARN lounge since I'm arriving to ARN...
    Well, two out of three isn't bad.

SirRagnar likes this.
  16. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi

Just to close this one:
    Even though I didn't get the opportunity to visit ARN lounge, I got into GOT lounge at departure, so there was three lounge visits after all.

All flights went fine, and since I had only a carry on bag there were no fuzz about the luggage. I even managed to get upgraded to Business on the CPH-OSL flight.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at the airports and it is possible that I'll do this again, maybe with one of my children just to show them the international perspective.

Now I have two weeks left at my current and then I will be grounded for an undetermined period of time…

Have a nice summer, and keep the seat belt fastened until the Captain has turned off the fasten seat belt sign!
    :cool: