Dinner ORD to SFO: AA or UA?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Explore, Apr 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could fly either airline for the same price, and probably get upgraded either way. Which carrier serves the better dinner these days?

Thanks.....

2. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew ORD-SFO in F on the 2:45PM departure flight Saturday. Choices were Chicken Parmesan or Shrimp Salad. I chose Chicken Parm, good, nothing special. No idea what UA has going right now though.

aptraveler and perryplatypus like this.
  3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    With top status on both, you tell us! :D

aptraveler likes this.
  4. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would agree with Aktchi, do tell us! Most likely you may have a broader experience on the kind of foods that AA & UA currently serve! ;-)

5. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually not. I just became EXP on AA, going from zero to 100K in January and February with the TEQM and DEQM promotions. Every one of my AA trips so far has been in the back of the bus.

I have been 1K with UA for 10 years, but my travel is sporadic and UA has changed its catering recently.

6. jace

jace Member

Status Points:
    I've flown both frequently and can hands down say the dinner is better on AA. Dessert alone wins the award. Ice cream sundae on AA vs. a lame ass chocolate raisin cookie on COdbaUA.

7. jace

jace Member

Status Points:
    Oh and good luck getting upgraded as a 1K hub to hub on ORD-SFO. I'm GS and started to miss upgrades thanks to TOD buy ups. This is why I'm now exclusively flying AA on my domestic trips. (weekly ORD/SFO)

John777 likes this.
  8. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Americans catering service hands downs.. Uniteds is like eating from the school lunchroom...