Dining Rewards Network (Card Limit)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by DJP_707, Jun 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed yesterday that Rewards network which runs the dining rewards for number of programs, IHG, Delta, AA, etcc. Now has limit on the number of credit cards you can add to your account for earning dining rewards. The limit seems to be 5 cards. I presently have 17 cards registered (friends, family members, and coworkers who don't wish to earn miles), and when I went to add another card I was unable too. I then checked my wifes account and hers too had a five card limit, but with only four cards so I was able to add one more to hers. It appears they are allowing you keep the cards you have even if more then 5, but you can not add any more. So I guess the strategy would be to not delete any cards if your already have over 5 and if you need to change a card just edit the current card you have on file.

Q. How do I register additional credit cards?
    A. You can add or change credit and debit cards, and update any of your other personal membership information by visiting your My Account Center located on the Web site. You can register up to 5 credit/debit cards in total.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    If they new about the iDine part of Rewards network, I'm sure they would like cash back in the form of an AMEX gift card. You can register for different rewards network partners (e.g. mileageplus dining and iDine) but can't have a same card in more than one partner. You could have 5 different cards in each partner.

3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    idine and rewards network are one in the same now a days. And yes thats correct each program must have different cards. So you can have 5 cards in each program. I have all my cards in one program now, to maximize the points and to make sure I get to elite status and get the full 8 points per dollar spent.

4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I miss the days when they had specials of 10, 15, 20, and even 25 miles per dollar. But still cranking out the dines. Love to go to Weinerschnitzel and get a chili dog for $1.39 and get a total of 10 points. Great for reaching the minimum to get to VIP

DJP_707 likes this.