Dingy LaGuardia Airport undergoing $3.6B makeover

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by sobore, Jan 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.wdtimes.com/news/national/article_1b7b692d-3a1a-5951-b58a-81c6937cece7.html

Dark, dingy, cramped and sad. These are some of the ways travelers describe LaGuardia Airport, a bustling hub often ranked in customer satisfaction surveys as the worst in America.

"It does not represent what people think of when they think of New York and Broadway shows and glamour. It's not very pretty," said Layla House, a sales manager for a medical supply company who travels from her home in Bullard, Texas, to New York at least six times a year.

That's about to change.

Read More: http://www.wdtimes.com/news/national/article_1b7b692d-3a1a-5951-b58a-81c6937cece7.html

xhunter33x, gregm, MSYgirl and 2 others like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad it's not starting before my trip in February. :D It will be nice to see the LGA facelift.

3. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The tricky part will come when construction is fully underway while the airport continues to serve millions."

I don't think I've ever been to LGA when it wasn't under construction. Port Authority projects take years and the end result is usually as bad as what was there before!

gregm and UA191 like this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly! Up until the reno's begin, all they've been fixing are leaks and cracks and anything else posing a public threat. It would be nice to see them pull this off gracefully.

xhunter33x likes this.
  5. xhunter33x

xhunter33x Silver Member

Status Points:
    There hasn't been enough money printed in the last 100 years cumulatively to make that place bearable. They need to board the place up, strategically place some hazmat symbols and pray for a fire.