different PNRs E+?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by jason8612, May 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My brother (1P) and my father (GM) will be traveling on UA to LAS, but with tickets so darn expensive (like $500+ from ORD-LAS) they were thinking of using miles for 1 and paying for the other. If there are 2 separate PNRs, is there a way to have my father also sit in E+?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can call and ask (beg) but the official rules say no as I understand it.

3. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to do the same as you a few months back and was told no, even when I called back multiple times to try with a new CSR... Even if you get to sit together you can lose it when the computer sweeps come through...

sdcarver

4. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    :( ok.
    I'll let him know.

5. MikeIAH
    Original Member

MikeIAH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to put my friend into E+ last month at DEN and was told that they had to be on the same PNR.

6. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am a 1P and I was able to have a friend of mine (*S) moved into E+ with me on my flights over the weekend. I called UA and CO (mix of flights) and they moved her seat ahead of time when I called in to get us seats together. I cleared UGs on all flights and she was not moved to E- with the change and was even UG with me on 2 segments.

7. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was on LAX-IAD-EZE on UA earlier this year, before status match to 1k, and my traveling companion was on PHL-IAD-EZE.
    First time I called they said no, but gave me some excuse because we bought the tickets via a 3rd party (I think I used expedia or vayama).
    Second time I called they said no problem, and put him next to me on IAD-EZE on E+. I would keep trying if it is a long flight.

EDIT: At that time I did not even have a United MP number. Just my CO plat number.