Did you get your HHonors points from Amex this month?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Dovster, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    If not, you are among the 12,000 cardholders whose points were rejected by Hilton.

I generally receive my points between the 15th and the 20th of each month. Today (the 24th), I called Hilton to ask why they were not on my account. Hilton told me to call Amex. I did, and was told that my points had been sent to Hilton on the 17th -- and rejected by them.

I was not alone, I was told. Some 12,000 cardholders also had their points rejected and Amex is trying to sort out the problem with Hilton.

u600213 likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes both my wife and I have Surpass cards. My points posted on the 13th for hers and on the 14th for me as per normal.

3. Mine posted, however, they never post on how much I recalculate. It is always a couple hundred points lower.

4. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    They amount Amex told me I will be getting (20,579) was 103 points less than I had expected, but I am not going to make a fuss for such a tiny amount. I just will feel more comfortable when I see the points actually posted.

5. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted....

6. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    12,000 plus persons, haven't received their HHonors Points? Might add me to that list too, Mine hasn't posted yet.
    Has there been a determination as to why not? And when might we expect to receive them?

7. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted. In fact, they posted more than I thought I was entitled to. Perhaps I got some of the leftover points from the 12,000 whose points didn't post. Gotta do something with them. :)

8. Mine Had not posted yet either. Good to know that others have issues also. Will have to keep a watch for the points.

9. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amex could only tell me that HHonors rejected the points but they were working on the problem.

10. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted!

11. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Mine are still missing should have posted a few days ago. Will wait another week and if they don't post I will call.

12. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted yesterday, Sunday, March 27. I see that my AM EX card closed for the month a couple days later than what it usually does, and the point were added on HHonors two days later. So two or three days after the billing cycle closes must be the norm.

13. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ours posted, however think they might just fall outside your date range as ours normally come around the 23rd to 25th of the month.

Hope all you guys who are having issues get your points posted soon without any further hassles.

14. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dovster, is there anything affirmative that needs to be done re: the missing AMEX points, or will the situation eventually resolve itself?

15. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it were two or three people who had this problem I would say we should be calling Amex every day but with 12,000 not getting their points I am certain that Hilton and Amex are doing their best to get this straightened out -- they certainly don't want that many angry card holders.

I am just checking my account every day and will wait a week before I call them again.

16. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    My points post around the 5th and they are there.

17. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Decided to check with the HHonors Diamond desk. The rep checked and said that the problem was supposed to be fixed by now - but it obviously hasn't. She opened a case file for me.

18. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    My AMEX points are now about 10 days overdue. Might be time to call.:(

19. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like others, I'll still waiting. Good to know that the glitch was not limited to me.

ETA: Points posted on 3/31/11. :)

20. Definitely not alone! My points normally post two or three days after my Amex closing date which, in this case, was 3/9. When my points had not posted on 3/16, I made the same telephone calls that you did. Hhonors had no idea what I was talking about when I called them back with info from Amex that points had been transmitted on 3/11 but had been rejected. Seems that they rejected them again on 3/21. At least you were told that the points of other cardholders had been rejected; I was left wondering if I was alone. 3/29 today and still no points.

21. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I went to the website, clicked on the customer service addy, and sent them the following e-mail:

Hi, Last week, I called HHonors to report that my points from my AmericanExpress Surpass card have not been credited to my account (# xxxxxxx) for the last month. The Customer Service Representative I spoke with advised me that I would have to discuss the matter with American Express. I called there and was told that the points had been sent to HHonors on March 17 but were rejected. American Express said they would try again to get HHonors to accept the points but, to date, this has not happened. The amount due me is 20,579 points. As I live in Israel, and have already invested quite a bit of money in two long-distance telephoneconversations trying to get these points credited, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take care of this matter without my having to call again.
    Thank you,
    Dovster

I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your American Express bonus points.

I apologize for the problems you have encountered. Please call the HHonors Service center using the web page below for a number in your country. Have the agent put in a 'case' so that our liaison can investigate. We will need your complete American Express number to work with American Express to get the points you deserve.

Exactly 37 minutes after that e-mail was written, I called and the CSR rep read to me a memo she received today advising her NOT to put a case on these complaints. The memo said that HHonors is aware of the problem, has no fix for it yet, and does not know when it will be solved. When it is, the memo said, everyone will receive their points automatically.

22. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted on schedule yesterday (they've been posting anywhere between the 26th and 29th of each month for the past couple years).

23. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CSR told me that the problems are all with points that were supposed to post in "the middle of March".

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  24. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    10-4...at least we know now that it is probably an accurate statement, i.e., no reports from me in early April about how my late month points did not post. :)

25. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I can certainly understand why they don't want a case assigned to each person that has not had points posted. Just think of what their metrics would look like for the month!:( I am sure there would need to be a lot of explaining to do with upper management.

I hope HHonors does something for all of us that have had issues and called. I wonder what HHonors did to their software program to cause the problem.