Did three LAX/BOS flights disappear?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Seat6A, Dec 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Where did my favorite long flights go? These were the longest AA nonstops in the continental US (CONUS if you're so inclined.) AA has run three nonstop trips LAX to BOS for the four years I've been EXP. Those were premium mileage runs especiallly when they gave double EQMs. Now I see zero nonstop flights from LAX, even though they were always full in First Class and I had to use a SWU on the last one. Did they give the nonstops away to Jet Blue? Where did they go?

2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What dates are you looking at? There is NO WAY (not screaming, just emphasis!) that AA would close BOS-LAX... if they have a daily to CMH, they will definitley have one to BOS! It's just too important of a business route for them to not fly it... I'm seeing 2x/daily in the new year. Maybe the dates you have are overbooked?

On a side note, I'm sad that AA is quietly cancelling LAX-SBA on Dec 31... my favorite intra-CA route!

3. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far it seems to be just the Saturday nonstops are gone. I have friends there and winter in Boston is an awesome time to visit. Was going to try to book some weekend getaways...

4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    So is SBA going away as a AA destination? Or can you go somewhere else from SBA, other than LAX? Might they be picking up SBP?

5. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like it's gone on PMAA service, but will continue with PMUS service (PM=pre-merger)... SBP is also served by PMUS. Hard to believe that they're cutting SBA-LAX, though! Ops costs were low because it was a short flight, and yields were high (connecting pax from Asia, Oceania & cross-country)... UA will now have a monopoly, as they do in SFO, where the cheapest fare SFO-SBA in January is $400+ one-way...

6. MA1234

MA1234 New Member

Status Points:
    The Saturday non-stops on BOS-LAX are not gone. There is a temporary frequency reduction from 3x to 2x daily in Jan/Feb.

LAX-SBA is not showing in April for some odd reason, but it is not discontinued.

7. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've found it throughout March..but of course I'd be searching SBA-LAX, not the reverse. :rolleyes: