Did Marriott Rewards get hacked?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Singapore Flyer, Jun 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My coworker just got off the phone with MRs. Someone tried to change her account information and book a room, but her account had an old Amex. Called MR and they said a lot of ppl have been calling in about it. You may want to check your accounts. None of mine were compromised, but wanted to pass it along.

2. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    How would one know that?

uggboy likes this.
  3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My coworker got an email from MR asking if she had changed her mailing and email address.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

uggboy likes this.
  4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I was asked to change my password last summer like everyone else and I change my passwords for everything at least every quarter.

http://www.securityweek.com/marriott-rewards-members-urged-change-passwords-following-hack-attempts

Well, guess what.. My account was just hacked, received an email that password and email had been changed. This has never happened to me before with any of my online accounts.

Account was restored, but I'm definitely done with having a credit card saved to my Marriott account.

5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I'll double-check my own. I used to have a very secure password but when Marriott asked me to change it along with everyone else's they also changed the password rules. They no longer allow very secure passwords! Grrrr...

tommy777 likes this.