Did I Offend Our Tour Guide? And Was I Off Base?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    One of my favorite things to do in the UAE is to get out of the big cities and go into the desert. During my visit to the UAE a couple of years ago I stayed at Qasr Al Sarab, which is a resort in the desert. It was one of the coolest places I've ever stayed, and I really enjoyed dune bashing, camel riding, etc. So while my dad and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Dubai for our stay, I did still want to venture out into the desert for some dune bashing. After doing some research online, it appeared as if virtually all tour companies had the same "agenda" for sunset dune bashing. They all seemed to go into the same area, and all seemed to include dinner at a shared "camp." The only major difference seemed to be whether you booked a private tour or a group tour. Since it's my dad's birthday I decided to book a private tour, so we could do things at our pace. The post Did I Offend Our Tour Guide? And Was I Off Base? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...