Did I get shorted?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by davidbbrenner, Mar 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. davidbbrenner

davidbbrenner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like I did ...

Y class ticket, Premier Platinum status.
    4267 actual flight miles, shouldn't it be 4267 bonus miles?

75% bonus for Platinum status, 25% bonus for Y class.

My Y class, Premier Platinum Lufthansa flight came out right (529 award miles, 529 bonus miles), but the United one only gave me 3200 (or 75%) bonus miles.

Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Dave

FlyingBear likes this.
  2. davidbbrenner

Status Points:
    After a not that amount of time on hold, I got through to an agent who kept insisting I was wrong, and I kept insisting I was right,m the "mileage calculator" even supports my calculations, and I explained that I was getting no credit for the Y class. Eventually he gave in and conceded defeat. Little Guy 1, United 10,000,000, but at least it's no longer a shutout.

FlyingBear and cvsara like this.
  3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am Premier Gold that just flew on on Y and got only the 50% bonus. As this is actually the first time my work booked something on Y-class, I wasn't even aware there were bonuses for fares. Well, I was, just for the rest of the world :) Anyway, my understanding from half-brained search is that typically there is no fare bonus if booked indirectly, like your company's AMEX travel agency? Did you book yours directly?

4. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is n:eek:t correct. Y fares earn 125% of segment length for RDM and 150% for PQM. That is the same as, a 25% RDM bonus and a 50% PQM bonus. The earning chart is here. If you flew on an unpublished fare you would not get the bonus, but then you wouldn't earn any miles at all.

FlyingBear likes this.
  5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Welp, can't wait for that battle with United...

6. davidbbrenner

Status Points:
    I spoke to United today as I continue to get the 75% platinum bonus, but not the 25% Y bonus - they confirm it is a known "glitch" and are hopeful that it will be fixed by the end of the month. For now, just hold on to all your boarding passes!

FlyingBear likes this.
  7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that info! I will just wait then. I noticed that some of the numbers were not showing up in one part of the new tracking table but still showed up as part of the sum elsewhere. And I am still missing two of the flights in Norway even through everything around them has posted.

8. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've got that t:(:(. Random flights from the middle of a trip didn't post. Friends I flew with had the same flights fail to post.

9. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    If it was domestic Norway, flights don't accrue miles as they are banned by the competition authorities

10. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that info. It was domestic Norway indeed, Oslo-Trondheim. How does one find information of this sort that does not involve contacting airline?

11. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points: