Did AA increase SFO-LAX service?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Jan 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I see we're up to 9 flights a day, three of which are Canadair 900s. Did these all come over from the US side? Can't recall having regional jet service on that route and saw one aircraft at an adjoining gate with US colors as I flew out of T2 on Friday morning to ORD. It must have been the 0800 departure as my ORD flight was at 0820. How long have the regionals been flying from T2?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    There have been some for awhile, as I took care not to end up on one as separately booked connections to/from LAN. (It would have caused major luggage readjustments, including an extra smaller bag which I really didn't need nor want to travel with.)

tom911 likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Happy to see the increase in service, even if it is partly RJs. I would love to see the Skywest CR2s disappear from LAX-SJC... the CR7 and CR9 are much much more comfortable in economy, and offer a first cabin.

5. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will that be a two class plane?

Tom in F on a brand new A321 between DFW-SFO (two class--first time for me)

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    KenInEscazu likes this.
  7. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure that seatguru is right. Have only seen a very small number of E190s without a premium cabin, and those are running around in a select few markets in Latin America where almost nobody pays to sit up front.

If anyone here has not yet flown on that aircraft, I frequent the older 190 version on CM & AV, and they feel nothing at all like a RJ. Had a CM flight on Sunday morning MDE-PTY in Clase Ejecutiva, and it was awesome, as always. I have also flown on some of UAX's E170s, and if they didn't load them with those miserable slimline seats, they would be great, too. It's actually my favorite series of single aisle aircraft when properly outfitted and catered, even in Y.