Diamond Upgrades on Premium Room Rewards?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, Dec 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let's say you spring for a Premium Room Reward offering a junior suite for not much more than a standard reward (in fact, 20% less under the current promo). This would be in the U.K. As a Diamond, could you expect to be upgraded beyond that level to a full suite?

2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, you should never expect to be upgraded. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Occasionally, it even skips a bunch of intermediate room types and you get what I call the giant upgrade. It all depends on the hotel.

deant likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Remember that the HHonors program doesn't actually include suites in its upgrade offerings. So if you book something beyond that's an executive level room or higher you aren't entitled to a further upgrade. You might get it of course but it's not by virtue of the T&C of HHonors, just as a courtesy.

deant likes this.
  4. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only time I've been upgraded to something beyond an executive level room has been when I'm stayed at Hiltons internationally, and it's generally been hit or miss. This has most often happened for me on European stays. Never in the US.

deant likes this.
  5. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only been upgraded past an executive room in two Hiltons in North America, the Miami Dowtown to a large room with a small 4 person meeting table and a huge walkout terrace (few rooms have even balconies) and at the Hilton at Washington Airport, to the Presidential Suite.

deant likes this.