Diamond upgrade

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by chz2215, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I use a diamond suite upgrade on an award reservation?

2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/wiki/hyatt-and-gold-passport-faqs/
    How do I use the 4 annual confirmed suite upgrades for Diamonds?
    These confirmed upgrades can only be used in conjunction with a revenue stay (most rates bookable directly with Hyatt qualify). Each of the confirmed upgrades may be applied to stays up to 7 days. These upgrades may only be booked for the “entry suites” as defined at the properties. Booking can only be done by calling a Diamond CSR. There are 4 properties that do not participate in these confirmed suite upgrades: Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Park Hyatt Sydney, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris Madeleine. It has been confirmed that these Confirmed Suite Upgrades are usable for stays beyond the 2/28 expiration date provided that they are confirmed prior to 2/28. However, any change or cancellation of the reservation will result in the loss of that Confirmed Upgrade Certificate.

3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is the simplified answer: NO

;)

alohastephen and FriendlySkies like this.
  4. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps we'll see this functionality in the future. During OWMD, I heard several people telling the Hyatt reps that they'd like to use Suite Awards on Award reservations.. Never know what Jeff's got up his sleeve ;)

TAHKUCT and alohastephen like this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's the #1 request from Diamond members, I think, but I do not expect it to happen. Would definitely raise costs/reduce breakage.

TAHKUCT and alohastephen like this.
  6. monnyc

monnyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another question re Diamond upgrade: I tried to make a reservation at the HR Tokyo and use my upgrade. However, although the twin room could accommodate 3 guests, I was told none of the suites would. So, for another property that had suites available for 3 adults, would it be possible to book a standard twin room and once the upgrade was confirmed for a larger room, then add another guest, for an additional fee?