Diamond Suite upgrade reports

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Mirror74, Aug 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Auckland (2 stays, July 2013), both times upgraded to harbour view king-bed room (there are no executive rooms, nor executive lounge).

Hilton Taupo (July 2013), upgraded to one bedroom apartment (very nice and spacious with fully equiped kitchen).

Hilton Melbourne on the Park (July 2013), upgraded to Relaxation Suite.

Hilton Adelaide (July-August 2013), upgraded to executive king-bed room.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The only suite I've ever been given that I did not book was at Conrad Miami.

flyforawg, mo26 and Mirror74 like this.
  3. brfong

brfong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Beijing Wangfujing - booked King Lifestyle Suite on points upgraded to King Premiere Suite

mirohacek likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Conrad Singapore upgraded to very nice suite

Hilton San Diego upgraded to suite

Conrad Bali upgraded to suite

Hilton Seattle upgraded to suite

Hilton San Francisco business district upgraded to beautiful view suite.

Several others also, but I can't remember them all at present.

mo26 and Mirror74 like this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm...something is wrong here. My suite upgrades success rate may be relatively high because my stays are primarily in Asia, but virtually all of the suite upgrades that I have gotten were either from a standard room on revenue or from a standard reward redemption. Suite upgrades became a perk in January of 2012. Below is a sampling of my upgrades since then for which I could readily find photos, and excludes Embassy suites and a few one-nighters at properties like the Hampton. Between Dec 2012 and Jan 2013, I stayed 4 times at Conrad HKG and was upgraded to suite on 3 reward stays and once on a revenue stay from a standard room; the Conrad BKK upgrade was on a reward stay, as was the suite upgrade at Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa. The DT KL was a reward stay, but I do not recall whether I was upgraded to a suite or redeemed for a suite, which was dirt cheap at the time. It is probably the latter since it was in the middle of January 2012, right around the time suite upgrades were announced as a perk for HH Diamonds. In short, my experience has clearly been quite different...
    Suite Upgrades 2.png

Suite Upgrades 1.png

6. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Asia is great....... similar experiences across the board. (over the last 2 years)

Hilton Sentral- Every stay, suite.... KL great lounge
    Conrad Singapore- several times
    Conrad BKK- Most of the time
    DT KL- Upgrade......yes, its only 10k points for a Great Property

Minneapolis- Marquette Presidential Suite (girlfriend quite impressed as this was personal travel)

mo26 and Mirror74 like this.
  7. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gary, maybe you dont stay at Hilton, Conrad or DT often enough... ;)

8. jpginmiami

jpginmiami Member

Status Points:
    We just got to boca beach club a waldorf resort here in boca yesterday. Not too impressed. No upgrade for diamond (or amex centurion through fine hotel and resort). In addition not even continental breakfast.

mirohacek likes this.
  9. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Realize that this is the "Diamond Only Club Thread":p:D, but suite upgrade for a humble gold in a Double Tree last night in Columbia, SC!:cool:

mirohacek likes this.
  10. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I often get suite upgrades, even in airport Hiltons in the 'states.

But I wonder if the high upgrade rate in Asia is because there are fewer Diamonds there?

mirohacek likes this.
  11. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Scored another suite upgrade at the Hilton in South CLT.:cool:

mirohacek likes this.
  12. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, that is part of the reason surely, but also different (read: better) Customer relations culture as compared to US or Europe...

NYCUA1K likes this.
  13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is the one region of the world where Diamond (even second tier) elite status is still worth its weigh in, well, diamond. The rule of thumb is the more 'westernized" a locality (e.g., Tokyo), the more lackluster its recognition of elite status.

mirohacek likes this.
  14. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Waldorf Astoria - New York, 2-bedroom suite (in 2012), two room suite (2013)
    Asia Conrads and Hiltons

Cheers,

PedroNY

mirohacek likes this.
  15. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Conrad Bali, upgraded to Penthouse Suite.
    Conrad HKG, upgraded to King Peak View Suite.
    Hilton on Park Lane, upgraded to Park Lane Suite.
    Hilton Northolme, 'upgrade' to Seafront Villa

tommy777 likes this.
  16. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    London Canary Warf- Upgraded to Junior Suite
    Hilton Old Town Prague- Executive Suite ..... Girlfriends birthday, Champaigne and Cake in room Upgraded on 2 different stays within the week
    Hilton Vienna Plaza- Ambassador Suite ....... this was the following night...Champaigne and Cake

17. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only had a gold upgrade, but I made the Presidential Suite at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando. I think it was because it was booked out for conference and I was one of the few not on the conference rate.

I have had a number of non suite upgrades in various places, Waikaloa to ocean view and and Reykjavik / Hanoi / Singapore to Executive Level.

18. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    No upgrade whatsoever for me as a Diamond on a 1-night stay at the main Hilton NYC (6th Ave)

What's worse: no coffee makers in the room. When I call, thinking they will bring one, they say I can come down to the lounge, lobby level, to get coffee at 6:30am. I want my coffee before I get dressed, and sometimes before 6:30am.

19. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton New York Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave) recently stopped being a "full service hotel" (someone had posted a NYT piece on this). Therefore, no coffee in the room or no room service of any kind at all....I just was not aware it had gone into full effect.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    My last two stays at Hilton properties could not have been more diametrically opposite in how I was treated with respect to upgrades.

In August, I checked in at Hilton Buenos Aires a day later than scheduled due to a missed connection and was pleasantly surprised that I had been upgraded to a suite without my having to ask. I attribute this auto suite upgrade (usually one has to ask to get a suite a upgrade) to the fact that this was my third stay at this property in as many years, and someone may have noticed that I had been upgraded the previous time...

By contrast, I stayed at Hilton Cardiff (Wales, UK) in September and was not even upgraded to standard room on the exec floor, which is something that has never happened to me as HH Diamond! When I realized this by noticing that my room was not on any of the floors designated as "Executive", despite assurances by the desk clerk that I had been "upgraded", I requested to speak with the "manager", a Frenchman, who started giving me the Hilton Tokyo Treatment, claiming that room upgrades, including to suites, are to the next-best room from the one booked. Before it got too far, I stopped him, got to the HHonors T&C webpage on my smartphone and proceeded to argue forcefully that he misunderstood or was willfully misinterpreting the T&C and, as a result, this was the "absolute worst treatment" that I had ever gotten as a HH Diamond. He relented and said he was fully booked and could not accommodate me and promised to do better the next time

You can imagine my surprise when, upon returning to the US, I received an email from a Hilton Cardiff Guest Relations Manager, complete with my honorific title, apologizing for my disappointment with the stay, which led to the following exchange:
    Although the "foe" was already down, I could not resist one last kick, maybe to see how sincere the apology was:
    After a few days, a response did arrive, on first name basis:
    Apology accepted!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  21. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    When was the PS upgrade?

When I checked in there a few weeks ago (as a Diamond) PS was the only suite upgrade available and they wouldn't give it to me. While I did get a special Diamond member breakfast on weekend days, I was not happy with their "upgrade" to a Disney View on a very low floor rather than a higher floor.

22. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    RE CARDIFF
    I dont want to digress, but i just returned from the Hilton Cardiff. I stay here about 4 times a year, and have never seen a suite upgrade. I get rooms with views ect, but that is about all(rooms all look the same, just different floors). The rooms are dated, and it doesnt really matter which room you get(just my opinion) I usually get good service here, and the EL has great views of the castle. They do run pretty full, but I am there in Nov and Feb, not high occupancy times........ Great location, just dont expect a suite upgrade. They did honor my request for a room with a Good view of the Castle, this last trip as my girlfriend met me,,,, thats the best I've seen.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  23. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the perspective. The rooms did look dated, and my understanding from this "I am delighted to confirm that we will be undergoing a room refurbishment towards the end of this year which we are very excited about!" in the email I got from the Guest Relations Manager indicates that the place will be undergoing a facelift. Rooms in most hotels are the same. The difference is in how high up they are located, with the higher, the better. Instead of a suite, I would have been okay with a room on a higher floor that gave me a peak inside the castle. Instead, I was assigned a room on the third floor from where I could see only the castle wall, and they had the gall to call it an "upgrade"...:mad:

astraveln likes this.
  24. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Normally am upgraded to a Park Lane Suite, at London Hilton Park Lane, though once to the Balmoral Suite. We needed to use our cell phones to communicate, as it was so very large.

Often to the Presidential Suite at Hilton San Francisco Financial District. If not to that level, always to a "bay view" suite on an executive floor.

Executive Suite upgrade at Sydney Hilton.

Other Hilton properties? - well, it just depends. I cannot even buy my way to an upgrade at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, though we have stayed there for over 25 years! They seem to want to abuse me, every chance they get.

25. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would add the Hilton Hawaiian Village to that list. I am a life-time Gold member, though an HHonors Diamond (200K+ Base Points per year) for many years, the Hawaiian Village abuses me greatly, and after 25+ years of staying there - I must be very weak of mind! However, that is the reason that we stay at the Halekulani nowadays. The Hilton Waikoloa is not much above that. Must be an Hawaiian "thing?"