Diamond Suite Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Steven Schwartz, Mar 20, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi-

Going to Buenos Aires with another couple where we will begin a cruise. Staying in Buenos Aires for three nights. I was able to book a room on Cash and Points and use one of my Diamond Suite Upgrades. If I book another room for them, can I use a second one for that room? It would cost me 30,000 points but I'm sure they could make it up to me somehow!

Many thanks

Steve

tommy777 likes this.
  2. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Good Afternoon Steve!

Hope you have a lovely trip in Buenos Aires! You can most definitely use two Diamond Suite upgrade awards during your visit. As long as that suite is available we can confirm that for you.

Warm regards,
    Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

NYCUA1K and tommy777 like this.
  3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Many thanks!

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean that the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards are "confirmable" and not "confirmed" because they depending on availability?

5. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Sorry for any confusion, I was confirming that our Diamond guests can use more than one Diamond Suite Upgrade per visit. As long as there is availability for the specific suite Diamond Suite upgrades are used for, at that particular property.

Safe travels,
    Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    With the good news, let me push my luck. Can I have them book the room on their own and then upgrade it? Can I have them transfer their 30,000 points to me and then book it and, if so, how do I do this? Or do I have to book it with my own points? Many thanks!

7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    If all fails for the suite upgrade (which I hope it won't), you can as a diamond always treat your friends as your guests of honor :)

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/guest-of-honor.html

Thomask likes this.
  8. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  9. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, looks like I owe you a lot. Finally got around to calling for the reservation for our friends and the agent swore that I was wrong and that it was not possible. Asked him to hold for a moment, pulled up this page and read your post to him and he quickly changed his tune. I doubt this would have happened if not for this board and your help. Many thanks!

10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are very welcome my dear Steve. I am flattered with your kind words ... you owe nothing, dunno if you remember your support and assistance when I needed you, that was priceless. The beauty of this board is that we are here for each other. :) The family is fine, thank you, and we are doing another around-the-world starting Tuesday 3/29 for 3 weeks - all booked and ready to roll. Too bad Hyatt is not on the agenda ... but we are booked for 5 nights at the HR Huntington Beach for the 4th of July festivities.

Maybe our valuable @Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge can educate their agents about the Hyatt GP program benefits. Or, at a minimum, place knowledgeable agents to answer the Diamond contact number.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  11. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:

Just let me know when those travels bring you to NYC. I'll make my way in from NJ for a long-awaited face to face.

Kalboz likes this.
  12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We were in the big apple just this past Thanksgiving and we had great time - thanks of course to the Hyatt Time Square: https://insideflyer.com/forums/threads/hyatt-times-square-new-york-master-thread.136622/

Maybe for next summer, we'll either book the new Park Hyatt or the ICH by Central Park - we'll see how it goes. Please let us know when you are in Orange County California! :)