Diamond Status - Guests have to stay in same room?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanBreezes, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked in to the Hyatt Kiev and had an awkward experience. I selected the Hyatt due to my Diamond status and I expected to be able to use the Regency Club for all 3 of us and get complimentary breakfast. For additional comfort, we registered for 2 room. One paid and one using points so we have 2 reservation numbers. I am paying for both rooms and reserved under my account. I was informed that the breakfast and Regency Club was only for me and my husband and not the guest we are traveling with. This defeats the purpose if we can not all enjoy the time together in the Regency Club.

The T&C say all registered guests. The desk agent said it only applied to me and my husband and not all 3 of us traveling together.

Any experience with this?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It sounds like they are enforcing that only the room occupied by the Diamond member is eligible for status perks, most properties go above and beyond by granting status perks for at least 2 rooms (I've done this at about 10 properties - only 1 (the GH SAN a few years ago) has denied status perks for the second room).

OceanBreezes and marcwint55 like this.
  3. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    all the properties where I needed this perk, have allowed it, (never needed more than 2 rooms though). I also never had to ask for it, whenever I booked for 2 rooms both of them were automatically on the club floor... It's one of the things I like a lot about Hyatt. But then you're in Kiev, you might need to ask a manager and be willing to argue a little.

4. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, the second room was granted Diamond benefits. Unfortunately, if you had kept everyone in one room and registered 3 guests, it's likely that this wouldn't be an issue.

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have asked the question: "So if all three of happen to be in the same room would we all get access?" if they said yes or didn't know how to reply I would have called Hyatt later and complained. I don't normally do that but you are loyal to a brand and in return you get......?
    Just my opinion.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... what the program promised you for your loyalty?

7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, almost all hotels extended Diamond benefits to the second room (booked under my name). The only exception was HR HK TST, they wouldn't grant the benefits unless I shelled out 6000 points for the second room. They stll upgraded the second room to a Club room with a harbour view though, only without Club access.

8. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I emailed the hotel directly and got the front desk manager who granted my request to extend the Diamond status. Many thanks!

marcwint55 and perryplatypus like this.
  9. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Glad it worked out. FWIW I've had two rooms registered many times have always gotten the Diamond perks given to both

10. ktspg

ktspg Active Member

Status Points:
    I was staying at Hyatt Regency Danang in Vietnam this past July and had to paid for my 3rd guest. I was advised that the Diamond status to the Regency Club was only extended to myself and one guest only. Unhappy but I paid for it as I was on the Diamond trial and didn't want to make a fuss. I'm happy to share that I met the Diamond status yesterday.

11. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    congratulations on the diamond status. I'm surprised that they hassled you over the 3rd guest. I have done that before at other Hyatts with no problems.

OceanBreezes and cennas like this.
  12. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations on the Diamond status! Was the 3rd person registered on the same room as you? If yes, then I find it strange that they asked you to pay for the 3rd guest. Normally the rate for 3-person per room is more expensive than the rate for 2-person per room. I had done this in the past, paid for 3-person per room rate and was never hassled with the extra charge for the 3rd person to enjoy the Club benefits.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  13. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I recall, the T&C state that up to 4 registered guests get access, but they have to be in the same room. They do not HAVE to give you access for any extra rooms, although, honestly it defeats the purpose if you get access and your party does not. However, I have never had this be an issue anywhere, except for when I tried to confirm it ahead of time during a 10 day trip to Germany (3 different hyatts). I emailed and was told no they would not extend it at any of the 3 properties to the other room. After I responded and told them that I understand the "rules" but that it would render the whole thing useless, they relented and granted me access for both rooms. Almost every property would and should do this, as honestly the value of having you bring a second room in far overshadows what they give you in the club access, not to mention the goodwill for your best customers.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  14. ktspg

ktspg Active Member

Status Points:
    3rd guest was registered. It was $15 for breakfast and $35 for the whole day. Since I was in the Diamond challenge and didn't know any better, I complied.